hi friends
my N9 doesn't have charge and its off
now i can't charge it or flash it.

when i use a method in this topic the command didn't work for me because computer didn't recognize my phone and can't install n9 drivers when it is off.

when i run this
flasher -a <firmware-image> -k zImage.pr13 --flash-only=kernel -f -R
i got this message and nothing happend :
Suitable USB interface (bootloader/phonet) not found, waiting...
i don't know what to do plz help me , i can't use my phone

Try installing nokia suite that would install necessary drivers I think that why maybe your phone would get recognized

I once had the same problem and couldn't flash my N9 anymore. The white power LED light and vibration still turned on with power from connected USB cable, but no chance to flash it.

I assume that somehow my battery charging level went below the required security minimum (those Li-ion batterys never go under a certain security charge, even if the phone says 0%. I thought to have read that if they go under that minimum, a security circuit bricks the battery for your own and the hardware's safety).

This appened after I played around with a very early community port of Saiilfish OS on my N9 and wasn't carefu enough.

The only solution I found: I bought a new battery online, replaced it (which isn't difficult if you have the right tools - be careful and gentle with the screws!) and could easily flash my device afterwards. I never tested my old battery again since the N9 became my backup phone next to Jolla.

I'm not saying that replacing the battery is the only and right solution in your case. But back then I tried everything and researched probably all possible ways to get access to my N9...the new battery fixed that immedately.

Good luck and I hope you succeed to bring new life to your N9!

BTW: It's always a good idea to use the original N9 USB cable.

Last edited by caprico; 2015-09-08 at 07:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to caprico For This Useful Post:
did you solve the issue