Notices

A decent and usable word processor (with spell check) preferably MS-Word compatable (no I don't use it, but the rest of the world unfortunately does. . .

The state of the mail client certainly needs improvements - at the very least imap folder support and proper quoting. With existing clients (gnome mail, sylpheed-claws etc) doing quite a lot of disk exercises for reasons (like last-read status preservation) way too unimportant to fry the built-in flash or a flash card on them, there is however more to be done than just a ui port of some more complete client.

Personally I can live with the current state of PIM apps.. But whenever something sync-able is written, syncing my mobile (as my primary PIM device and phone book) would be more important than syncing to my PC - I'd rather keep everything aligned to the master rather than wrestle with multiple stage syncs.

Sevo

Originally Posted by Rocketman
I don't want this thread to go off on too many tangents, but what is wrong with the current versions of xchat?
gah. I can't believe I said xchat. What else was I doing when I posted my last one.

Sorry I meant X Terminal, not xchat. Excuse me now while I have myself flogged for my errors.

xterm, seems to have a lot of nice little features that I'm used to turned off.

Amen to a way to import contacts into GPE. GPE (and one other contact program) allow importation through Evolution (I think), but I haven't tried it.

I remain angry that I can't connect my bluetooth Stowaway keyboard to Nokia 770. That is a major bummer.