Notices

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
How easy would it be to add a plugin to Opera on the Nokia 770 so when we do a long tap on a URL in the browser (select and hold) and the existing menu option opens; we could have an additional "open with" option.

From this new "Open with" option we could then select an alternative programme from a,list of programmes installed on the Nokia device. i.e. mplayer instead of built in Video player for a Video URL (where the open with offers programmes based on it's File extension knowledge)

I have got so used to in Firefox on my PC, so why not have the same feature on our Nokia 770's.

I think this option is better that changing the Opera hard coded config options because hopefully as the Nokia 770 matures and develops the standard Video, Audio, RSS Reader etc will become best of breed.

This would be a great option.

I am searching around the net (for example Opera's forums) in an attempt to find out which configuration files would effectively enable us to add to the opera menu a simple "open with" option whilst we are selecting URL's in a webpage.

Even though mplayer now has a GUI front end in MPGUI for the Nokia 770, it's useful to be able to just select the URL and then say open with Mplayer in xterm (For verbose logs) or MPGUI as an example.

I believe that many Nokia 770 users would find this type of option very useful as we would then be able to tag many third party application's to open the URL via a particular program of our choice.

So far I am assuming we need to edit the config.ini and menu.ini files of opera but have not delved into these files on the Nokia to be honest not sure where they are and how start.

If someone could guide me in the right direction it would be appreciated thanks.

there is a section in the mplayer wiki on maemo garage about opera integration.
otherwize im trying to get something like the pluger plugin working. but it is slow going because i know less than nothing about programing.

Originally Posted by smackpotato
there is a section in the mplayer wiki on maemo garage about opera integration.
otherwize im trying to get something like the pluger plugin working. but it is slow going because i know less than nothing about programing.
I didnt find the opera integration. DO you have a link?

Thanks

bsterix

I found in .opera folder, the following ini files. (Full path /home/user/.opera)

input.ini
opera.ini
opera.ini.backup
pluginignore.ini

I could not find the equivalent of a menu.ini to allow us to adjust/add to the opera menu? (Well I assume that is what opera menu.ini would be for)

Therefore, I have not found an obvious way to do what I want, here is a post which describes a hardcoded way to ensure URL's are opened with mplayer from opera browser, but its not quite what I wanted? http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...5&postcount=84