Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden

Here is one bootimation for you Qole:
Attached Images

Last edited by claesbas; 2009-10-22 at 08:51.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to claesbas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by joppu View Post
I thought brainstorm is for suggesting official features.
Not as far as I know. It's for suggesting features (or apps) that either Nokia developers or community developers could choose to implement. Brainstorm is hosted on maemo.org (the community) not nokia.com, after all.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
You can have multiple boot videos, so its probably better to use the multi-selection mode?
Although technically the N900/Maemo 5 does support multiple boot animation videos which are played one after another, how many users will really need or want to do that?

If the app uses multiple selection by default, you might confuse the Average Joe user, as they would likely expect the app to work with single selection (as with changing theme etc.). In other words, they would expect selecting a new animation would deselect the previous animation. Having to manually deselect the old animation as well as selecting the new one would be less slick than it could be, and if they neglected to do that and rebooted they would see two videos (both the previously selected one and the newly selected one) played one after the other, and be confused.

If people really want multiple videos to be played, then maybe have it as an advanced option...?

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Although technically the N900/Maemo 5 does support multiple boot animation videos which are played one after another, how many users will really need or want to do that?

If the app uses multiple selection by default, you might confuse the Average Joe user, as they would likely expect the app to work with single selection (as with changing theme etc.). In other words, they would expect selecting a new animation would deselect the previous animation. Having to manually deselect the old animation as well as selecting the new one would be less slick than it could be, and if they neglected to do that and rebooted they would see two videos (both the previously selected one and the newly selected one) played one after the other, and be confused.

If people really want multiple videos to be played, then maybe have it as an advanced option...?
I see you concern but hopefully these multiple choices dialogboxes is easy to understand so that a mistake like that won't happen. Multiple choices is maybe abit "too much" for a feature like this..? if I understand it right you can add a normal images files too.. then maybe someone would liek to add a few.

I think it's a both a bit too much in general, plus a source of potential confusion, although I haven't used an N900 yet to see exactly how multi-choice things work.

If you add a few image files does it just quickly flick through them, or can the user set a time for how long to pause on each image? In any case, it doesn't sound terribly useful. As with videos, I can see the value in picking a single image for boot up, but not several.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
I finally got gio file listing working with the applet (witch ended up taking me a week to accomplish - sorry ) - witch means that i can finally get a list of video files to display on the selection as items

I´m still working on getting it to filter out anything thats not a supported format and i had to temporarily remove thumbnail support until i get gio refined, witch should be done soon

next step: get it to save and write to the config file
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post:
Hey b-man,

Did you stop this or are you just busy with other stuff?

There some people asking questions on how change boot vid and showing them this app would be great. :-)

cheers

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ DUBAI , UAE
does this project still on ??
would love to have it done .. great idea

Yeah Please, I think this idea is great

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
everyone thinks its a great idea lol

Tags
boot splash video applet