Posts: 38 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Exeter, UK
Background: I can connect fine via my phone, and fine from unsecured network points out in the world. But at home, it detects and connects, then gives me "network problem".

My router's the Broadcom one that British Telecom dish out to their BT Broadband customers, it's using WEP, and it works fine for my laptop. There's no web proxy.

I've tried with the vanilla connection that I get, and I've tried manually adding the 192.168.1.254 router address as DNS in case that wasn't picking up properly - no joy.

So: where do I go next? Can I get something like the ipconfig report out of my 770? Is there a way to make that damnably vague "network problem" message tell me something that will help me diagnose the problem?

Guess - sounds like an authorisation problem, so

a) disable your routers MAC-address filtering.
b) try to login with your WEP-password, but hexadecimal.

Guess - sounds like an authorisation problem, so

a) disable your routers MAC-address filtering.
b) try to login with a hexadecimal WEP-password.

Originally Posted by andygates
So: where do I go next? Can I get something like the ipconfig report out of my 770? Is there a way to make that damnably vague "network problem" message tell me something that will help me diagnose the problem?
You can install xterm and then have access to the command line where you can run /sbin/ifconfig