Hi,

I bought a bluetooth GSM yesterday (Nokia 6822) and I'm trying to get my Nokia 770 to use it as a modem.

GPRS is configured on the phone and works
I can transfer files from the 770 to the 6822 with bluetooth.
I have created a modem with the wizard on the 770.

When I start the connection my phone lights up, it displayes the G so it is starting the bluetooth connection. Then it tries to authenticate and i get the error "Subscribe to GPRS first". (or in dutch "Meld u aan bij GPRS")
But like I mentioned before: GPRS on the phone works so my subscription is OK.

I live in Belgium and my provider is Mobistar.

Another bluetooth problem is that the 770 doesn't broadcast itself. So i can't start a bluetooth transfer from the 6822 to the 770. Only visa versa.

ok, i found the problem.
my gprs abo didn't include the 'use as modem' option.
i have to upgrade. 15eur/month.. grumble..

Originally Posted by rottie
ok, i found the problem.
Rotte,
Have you looked at http://www.internettablettalk.com/blog/?p=181
Best to check you are setting up the connection correctly before paying out extra money.
All the best,
BOM

Originally Posted by rottie
ok, i found the problem.
In most cases, especially with GSM/GPRS, you can actually get away without doing that. You need to find out the correct APN.

The APN is basically an arbitrary string that tells the GPRS network which network interface you're connecting to.

Unfortunately, many cellular providers use APNs that restrict you to only using WAP proxies if you don't pay for laptop access. You can almost universally make your other device connect, it's just a question of whether you can take advantage of the connection.

T-Mobile US doesn't give you arbitrary port access unless you pay $20/month, although for $6/month you can get POP and IMAP and you can configure Opera to use the T-Mobile WAP 2.0 proxy...

bhima are you on mistal 2006 os? Are you able to use 770 through t-mobile wap proxy? I did before the update but unable to connect now. I have the 5.99 t-mobile web plan.