Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Hello friends. After selling my N900 to my friend almost 3 months ago. I became bored with Android devices and bought a N900 again yesterday. So can anyone tell me what has been released/updated in these 3 months and what has been changed. I'm using N900 as my primary device but i can still check things which are still in beta or alpha stage.

and one more thing what about Maemo.org's future ? is there any deadline given to Council from Nokia about Maemo.org's closure.

Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
one more thing what about Maemo.org's future ? is there any deadline given to Council from Nokia about Maemo.org's closure.
31/12/12 is the deadline...Voting for the Board of the NFP is now open till 18/10/12...Vote now to get the best people in to negotiate with Nokia the taking over the reigns to maemo.org

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Hello friends. After selling my N900 to my friend almost 3 months ago. I became bored with Android devices and bought a N900 again yesterday. So can anyone tell me what has been released/updated in these 3 months and what has been changed. I'm using N900 as my primary device but i can still check things which are still in beta or alpha stage.
Well... Let me see.
Hamster Filer 0.6.1 - a new file manager
PowEdit for Fremantle - edit power key menu entries
modern computer flatboat - a mobile pdf viewer
SIM-Switcher, automated switching with a double ( dual ) SIM adapter
genwall a simple iptables firewall
Kana of The Day -- Learn Japanese Letters on N900
ρcam raw/jpg camera application for N9 **and N900** with manual controls
Best wishes.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
A lot of new apps came out of the coding competition.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_coding_competition_2012

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
For a massive performance and battery life gain (due to significantly decreased RAM & swap usage), install the CSSU-Thumb2 updates.
Flash Player 10.1 was finally leaked (no really, I'm serious)!

Edit: Another loosely similar thread has more good info.

Last edited by glabifrons; 2012-10-16 at 03:16.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to glabifrons For This Useful Post:
thanks everyone. one more question can anyone name a good mapping app with Google maps and offline cache support ? as Nokia maps doesn't support my country yet.

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
thanks everyone. one more question can anyone name a good mapping app with Google maps and offline cache support ? as Nokia maps doesn't support my country yet.

Thanks.
You can try ModRana. I think it has everything you need.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
Thanks Leinad.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
That's quite an impressive list you ave there (and in your sig - even better, but "quote reply" stripped that off).

I wasn't even aware of the N900 before this July. I only bought it by an eBay accident but never regretted it. It is a 9 years old, no longer officially supported device, yet it has a better support base than any mobile device I have ever used. I found it does everything I ever wanted from my phone and more, and the geek factor is just invaluable.

The only app that I am missing on it is a decent calculator. There are a few basic ones that are usable and a few scientific ones which look cool but have an unusable UI (like TI 48 - cluttered UI with buttons so small as to be unreadable), and of course a few that have an unusable UI without even being cool (I shall not name and shame here ).

Another app that is not essential but would be nice is a media player that does not index my collection. I mean, at all. I have my music organized neatly in folders, that's all the indexing I need. All I want is, click on a folder and play all songs in that folder alphabetically.

Any of the two above would make my N900 an absolutely perfect companion

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
+1 for modRana.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: