Hi,

I have a "Wooted" Nokia 770. I have done almost no changing of settings, at least that I know of. I have played with changing the background colors, but that's mostly it, again, that I know of.

I did check the search function on the forum, but the only thing that came up had to do with GAIM, and it seemed buried in 19 pages of content dealing with GAIM, so I surrendered.

When I log on to my university's portal, then click on the e-mail icon, it opens a new window. To reply to, or compose a message, it opens another new window. The last few times I have tried to compose a message, the extra window opens, I get to type in the recipient's e-mail address and a subject, and then I start on the message itself. After about 10-15 characters, though sometimes as late as after I've clicked on SEND, a little window pops up that says "Closing Window in Background." This seems to terminate my portal session, and only on the rarest of occasions does the mail seem to go through (I successfully sent myself a "test" message today, after about 15 tries). I believe I initially sent messages without that problem, but I might have a fuzzy memory on that, the early messages were just "test" messages, too. But I don't remember my early explorations with the 770 giving me the "Closing Window in Background" message. I did check, and in the settings it said Java was enabled. I don't know if that really has anything to do with the issue, or not, though.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Pringles

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Anywhere but here
Portals suck. Anyway what you can try to do is install the minimo browser. Plenty of threads on it in this forum that'll tell you where to get it and how to install it. It's mozilla based, and it seems to behave better than opera in weird situations like what you seem to be having.

Thank you. I'll give it a try. I've been really hesitant to change anything but background colors, but it may be time. Thanks again.

Pringles

The Following User Says Thank You to Pringles For This Useful Post: