Hello community,

My browser keeps refreshing (not at a constant rate of time), but I noticed it does it whenever I am buffering (youtube or other players). Basically it plays for a little bit, and then it refreshes (and plays the video all over again). It is really annoying . Has anyone encountered this/any idea? Thanks a lot!

The Following User Says Thank You to gomaemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Do you have any addons installed? If you pause video, does it finish loading and the refresh when it's done? Are you sure it's a refresh and not a re-render? Microb does that sometimes once page finishes loading.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Do you have any addons installed? If you pause video, does it finish loading and the refresh when it's done? Are you sure it's a refresh and not a re-render? Microb does that sometimes once page finishes loading.
Nope, it seems like the only times it refreshes the whole page, is when its buffering. So basically it would load the page, buffer a part of the video, and then when the video reaches to the point where it has not buffered yet, instead of buffering, it would reload the whole page.I have no addons installed. Any clues? Thanks for any help!

woup, just had an incident where the video (youtube) was buffered all the way, and about halfway through, it stopped, and the page refreshed.

Nobody knows anything about this?

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
sounds really difficult, does it happen only on youtube? Check another tube site

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
sounds really difficult, does it happen only on youtube? Check another tube site
It does not. It happens on any video that needs to buffer. Im thinking, java problem?

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
There's no java on the N900 - at least not unless you manually install it and then it's not browser-integrated.

It's flash. This sounds similar to what happens if you're using the leaked flash 10.1 plugin - are you?

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
There's no java on the N900 - at least not unless you manually install it and then it's not browser-integrated.

It's flash. This sounds similar to what happens if you're using the leaked flash 10.1 plugin - are you?
oups meant to say flash. No I am not using any of that.

The Following User Says Thank You to gomaemo For This Useful Post:
What is your browser's cache size? Set it to the max, no idea if that'll help but it's worth checking.

The Following User Says Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post: