Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by wheelybird View Post
I tried to buy one, but as other people have mentioned on the web, their servers can't cope. (Seeing as HP is staying in the server/software business, that doesn't give me a lot of confidence in their products).

I'm a bit miffed with this - I quite fancied one before all the price reduction nonsense. Now I probably won't get one because of all the ebay traders snapping them up to resell them on ebay for profit.

Incidentally, the TouchPad has also been cut to a silly price. I don't mind buying one for ~£100. Again I couldn't get one because the second it was announced, all the online stores were swamped with orders - several retailers have had very slow sites or their sites down for most of the day with people trying to buy one.

Where do these people hear about this? I was one of the relatively few people in the world interested in webOS, and after the HP announcement I kept my eye open for price reduction, but was beaten to it by people who'd probably never heard of webOS products before.

*sigh*
I feel the same... probably most of them went to short-time profit hunters, and a quite large chuck to technically non-interested persons...

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by wheelybird View Post
IWhere do these people hear about this? I was one of the relatively few people in the world interested in webOS, and after the HP announcement I kept my eye open for price reduction, but was beaten to it by people who'd probably never heard of webOS products before.
And that'll probably install Android

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
And that'll probably install Android
Indeed. I've tried the Android. I don't get on with it.

The Following User Says Thank You to wheelybird For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Euro Palm is sold out... I couldn't find any other store with available Pre 3, until I found this website. It seems alright - they claim to refund it when the discount comes + they have return policy that allows you to return any good in 7 days without any reason.
Hurry...

The Following User Says Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
just placed my order...
for both...
fingers crossed

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Why does handtec add 70 pounds vat when buying from greece?

can some of you make a batch of orders and sell it to us here in the forums you can make a little bit more than what you paid for of course.

The Following User Says Thank You to Changegames For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
According to Handtec, the Pre 3 will not be available for purchase sim-free.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
What is the demand from Non European members of TMO? if I have an idea i wouldnt mind ordering spare and shipping them to the US/Rest of the world.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en...0-5105303.html

according to the above HP website link, they have now set an SRP (Suggested Retail Price) of £69 for the Pre 3 - though they are not selling it themselves, so it's just a suggestion as the name says.

However I've seen on other forums that people have called HP to enquire about this new price and have been told that its a mistake. HP are continuing to look like a bunch of clowns. SNAFU.

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.