Hey Guys,

I'm not a developer or out but the brainstorm section does have its job..

Basically the situation for me is, my car is equip with a radio and CD player, and i'm getting fed up of getting disks for my car which is all fine because my N900 build in transmitter picks up dam perfectly on the radio.

However i do alot of runs out with friends and we find that the N900 being the only car connect capable device, it is the only thing we can use to play music without having to mess around moving files etc, ejecting memory cards and so forth...

So i was thinking if a dev found it easy enough and had the time, could the N900 be setup to

Accept Incoming Wireless Audio Tranmission over Bluetooth (So you know bluetooth audio to say a set of speakers will play music)

Then have the N900 directly relay that to the transmitter when it is active? (Although i haven't checked to see if the N900 can have phones connect with the bluetooth audio thing yet)

So to sum up

Phone/Computer Bluetooth (INPUT TO) Nokia N900 (OUTPUT TO) Car Radio/Home stereo set etc.

Just my 2 cents guys, if people think its too hard or too useless (Which i can understand due to modern day cars having aux etc,) Then let me know.

No opinions? It'd make house parties easier too if I'm being honest Haha :L

Guess its stupid then :/

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Probably more trouble than its worth (plus I would imagine this would degrade the signal quality fairly significantly). Better option would probably be to get some sort of bluetooth connector for the stereo.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California
I don't understand what you want: stream a track via BT from laptop to N900, and have two outputs from N900 (FM+headphone jack)?

Essentially yes, stream tracks using the wireless bt audio protocols from laptop and peoples phones etc etc to n900 so that the transmitter can relay that stream on a radio frequency.

I'd find this useful too.....I have an older car, older stereo etc....
I love the app that routes phone audio to the FM transmitter, works great but I no longer use my N900 for phone. I think if someone would write a client to accept A2DP data then if the FM transmitter were enabled it would just work. I've been playing with this the past day and just by typing "sdptool add A2SNK" Advanced Audio appears as a service to bluetooth peers. It connects but after receiving a few packets it disconnects because a lack of client. If someone could code the client it would eliminate a need to purchase a hardware audio gateway and it would make the N900 cooler in general.

Now this is what i was waiting for, someone that knows what the bloody hell am talking about, thanks for the feedback xopher!

Sounds like you're overthinking it... why wouldn't you just have a dedicated headphone-jack to FM transmitter for your laptop or whatever you're using to store and play your music...

I think people are confused because it sounds like an overly complicated method of a relatively simple task.

Originally Posted by tushyd View Post
Sounds like you're overthinking it... why wouldn't you just have a dedicated headphone-jack to FM transmitter for your laptop or whatever you're using to store and play your music...

I think people are confused because it sounds like an overly complicated method of a relatively simple task.
Key thing is no wires, or additional hardware. I only ask for the client so I can connect my laptop or other BT enabled device to the N900 from across a room or through a wall, then out to a stereo receiver via the headphone jack. My scenario doesn't include using the N900's FM transmitter but the A2DP client piece is a common missing part of the equation. I am only speculating that the audio out would just go through FM Transmitter if it were enabled, maybe another piece of programming is needed for that.... I would just like to see an A2DP client created, I'd pay for that