Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
But If I do get the electric car I should be fine.
Not sure about that. Energy prices in the UK are going through the roof. You may need to take a mortgage to charge your EV.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Not sure about that. Energy prices in the UK are going through the roof. You may need to take a mortgage to charge your EV.
But that would make it faster if people trying to save money to stay away from chargers. So it's not the gasoline that is the issue but actually an energy issue?
Maybe we need more solar panels instead of guitar pedals.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
But that would make it faster if people trying to save money to stay away from chargers. So it's not the gasoline that is the issue but actually an energy issue?
Maybe we need more solar panels instead of guitar pedals.
I'm all for solar power! We also need more brain power. My newest pedal is actually hand made by someone in Spain. Costs about $400 so refund really helped on that purchase.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Why would anyone do a handmade pedal. It sounds like all the shity snake oil you find at amazon?
Dont men to be rude but is a handmade pedal somehow better than a machine made?

Last edited by Dave999; 2021-09-27 at 13:38.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Why would anyone do a handmade pedal. It sounds like all the shity snake oil you find at amazon?
Dont men to be rude but is a handmade pedal somehow better than a machine made?
These are customized boutique pedals designed for a certain sound. The sales numbers probably do not justify the scale up to be built by machines. Although, I could see 3D printing of pedals in future. Also, more sophisticated modeling amps might work. But now I'm worried.
I hope you are not a jealous bot...

I'm a bot of the human kind. Roming the Earth until I die. Will be remembered by one or two generations until I fade a way to the sound of a handmade pedal with a special sound of the Top Gun intro.
I have absolutely no clue about pedals.

Everybody should just stop using gas. How long would it take for mankind to fix that issue if all gas was gone today. 1 month, a year or never. Why not start today. Uk can lead the way. Only EVs allowed and self driving heavy vehicle where only the first one has a driver and the rest will follow.

Last edited by Dave999; 2021-09-27 at 21:13.

Sold my petrol car and dont think I will need another since Ev's works well with some extra planing for long trips.I guess it will be easier for every year when new charges poping up everywhere.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
1. Recently bought a cocobola wood clarinet barrel, the "Fat Boy" -- got a demo model to save a little off the normally $190 price. Hand and CNC made in Canada (eh?). So I'm certainly not gonna criticize a nice effects pedal. Such a sweet mellow tone on my classic "double-L" LeBlanc.

2. Swapped into an electric BMW a couple years ago. The kids love the idea that I can program the car to be warmed/cooled for departure time whether in or out of the garage. All the better if it's on the charger, range-wise, but the pure comfort factor is just so nice either way.

Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
1. Recently bought a cocobola wood clarinet barrel, the "Fat Boy" -- got a demo model to save a little off the normally $190 price. Hand and CNC made in Canada (eh?). So I'm certainly not gonna criticize a nice effects pedal. Such a sweet mellow tone on my classic "double-L" LeBlanc.

2. Swapped into an electric BMW a couple years ago. The kids love the idea that I can program the car to be warmed/cooled for departure time whether in or out of the garage. All the better if it's on the charger, range-wise, but the pure comfort factor is just so nice either way.
Named after a hand made nuke? My mistake. The name was Fat Man.
Do you feel the difference between hand made or machine made or is only part the feeling. Have you considered a custom made?

My main concern with Ev is the massive energy consumption during creation of the batteries.

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson