Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Very disappointed about availability... I can't buy directly from Paraguay the image, but... I know someone in Germany that could buy for me the image when It will be available. But... Sometimes some pages from EU detect the IP where is from, when you want to buy something, do you think that Jolla will have that? To limit people from EU and probably US and CA to buy it?

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I do think Xperia X is as slow as my current FP2 so no go for me. Dalvik is kind of slow on FP2. And the camera on FP2 sucks. But if I should buy a new device I dont want to buy three year old HW just to get SFOS.

So I plan to buy Xperia XZ.

Question is do we ever see SFOS on XZ devices WITH official dalvik support? What do you guys think?

Or will I get stuck in Android? I tried it out today and the Android on it is fast BUT i HATE the homescreen. I want sailfish swipe UI!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
We will open the hardware adaptation source code repositories for Xperia X device in the coming week, and we will provide instructions on how community can build their own Sailfish images from the sources.
So we can build and install next week???!!!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to one_with_linux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by one_with_linux View Post
So we can build and install next week???!!!
I think/hope that with community help they will get most of the issues solved in no time

That said it would be great to get it working with dual-sim xperia x as there is far more better deals for the dual-sim version of the phone.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Would also be great to see an image for the X Compact.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I do think Xperia X is as slow as my current FP2 so no go for me. Dalvik is kind of slow on FP2. And the camera on FP2 sucks. But if I should buy a new device I dont want to buy three year old HW just to get SFOS.

So I plan to buy Xperia XZ.

Question is do we ever see SFOS on XZ devices WITH official dalvik support? What do you guys think?

Or will I get stuck in Android? I tried it out today and the Android on it is fast BUT i HATE the homescreen. I want sailfish swipe UI!!!
XZ or XZ1? the latter should be announced on Thursday, and either getting an official version of Sailfish with Android app support is highly dependent on the popularity, and even if it doesn't I'll most likely get the latter, and port Sailfish and Anbox to it myself.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
I alredy wrot on tjc: Everybody from outside Europe can contact me, and i will help them to get this image.
Just PM, emal: info(at)explit.de or Telegram @explit
me.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
Peoples outside EU can use a tunnel to EU then buy the stressful image directly. In my case a have one tunnel to Switzerland

Last edited by karlos devel; 2017-08-25 at 21:51.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
I think Oreo (android 8) will be on Xperia X before Sailfish X

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rfa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Paraguay
Originally Posted by rfa View Post
I think Oreo (android 8) will be on Xperia X before Sailfish X
Hahaha, no... Probably Android Oreo will be available on March o April on 2018... People will figure out how to have installed on their devices Sailfish if they want, also as some member said... Even some people could buy and install Sailfish on the Xperia X and sell on eBay, and then you could buy... But let's see

Enviado desde mi F5121 mediante Tapatalk

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meloferz For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x