Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
When I tried to install the latest CSSU update, my filesystem was corrupted, so the update destroyed everything.

I had backups of all my pictures and messages, *cough*but my last backupmanager backup was from 2011*cough*

Anyway, after restoring that backup it wouldn't boot, I had to reflash and I restored my data myself. Sync hell with my contacts later, I noticed my messages would not sync in nokia suite nor pc suite. The last sync was just before it went tits up.

In Nokia Suite when I look at messages on my phone the most recent shown is just before the 2011 backup date. I can copy them across manually, but syncing always fails, and as usual, nokia suite tells you nothing.

Having wiped Nokia suite's databases, I noticed it was still telling me the same date for the last sync, so I reasoned this must be held on the phone.

I found "/home/user/.maesync/", and namely "smssnapshot.db". When I fiddle with this file the old messages stop showing up...it just sits there spinning. Leave it as-is, the old ones show up, but no new ones.

Anyone know anything about repairing the sync here? Was working fine before