Notices

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Is it possible to add another textbox for every stock so you don't have to show the stock code, but a name(free text string)?

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Is it possible to add another textbox for every stock so you don't have to show the stock code, but a name(free text string)?

Because of the limited column width in the current widget, the text entered in the textbox gets truncated when it is displayed on widget. Additionally, it is tricky to add an editable textbox for each symbol in the current Add/Remove Tickers screen.

If you just want the full name to be displayed instead of ticker symbol, does a bigger size (think more width) widget with full name sounds ok to you?

Maintainer of Markets Today (Yahoo Finance based desktop widget/app)

Originally Posted by scifi.guy View Post
Because of the limited column width in the current widget, ...
Can I view Gold, Silver, Platin charts with this program?
Kitco charts do not work sometimes due to Flash problems.

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Originally Posted by PMaff View Post
Can I view Gold, Silver, Platin charts with this program?
Kitco charts do not work sometimes due to Flash problems.
Yes, you can follow Gold, Platinum and other metal futures by entering the correct Yahoo finance symbol. Remember that the symbols for these change every month and Yahoo only has 1d and 5d charts available for them.

You can get the latest symbols from here.
http://finance.yahoo.com/futures?t=metals

This app is fantastic! Excellent work! Should be used as an example of widget apps everywhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughingstok For This Useful Post:
marketstoday-0.4-0maemo5 has been released to extras-devel. Here is the changelog.

* Fixed Yahoo! Finance RSS URL
* Slightly improved error handling
* UX changes (App only) - Double tap to open stock details & news links, Swipe to switch between details and charts screens

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scifi.guy For This Useful Post:
Just wanted to say thanks for this widget. Just discovered it today and it seems great so far. Wish it worked a bit better with non-U.S. stocks, but I know that's a Yahoo limitation and not the fault of the app.

The Following User Says Thank You to dylanemcgregor For This Useful Post:
Great app, thanks!

Single biggest enhancement would be to add the Maemo switch button in the upper left corner.

Currently I have to open camera lens to switch to another application or access the desktop. I don't use the widget, only the application itself.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
Originally Posted by zeebra View Post
Great app, thanks!

Single biggest enhancement would be to add the Maemo switch button in the upper left corner.

Currently I have to open camera lens to switch to another application or access the desktop. I don't use the widget, only the application itself.
Open the slide , press your thumb and a finger on top two buttons on sides ( the arrow one and ctrl ) simultaneously .Both should be pressed at once and at same time .You can simply can go to desktop and can open as many apps as you want to .adios

Originally Posted by scifi.guy View Post
Known Issues:

1) Not tested with CSSU.
Works for me with CSSU-thumb.

Thanks for the app!