Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
So there are a lot of other keyboards now. Did anyone include a dictionary as well? To put it differently: I am using an English dictionary and word guesser for both Dutch and English messages. So the English dictionary is being flooded with Dutch words. Still, not all frequently used Dutch words are displayed by the word guesser, as English words seem to have a higher priority.

I wouldn't mind starting with an empty dictionary and call it Dutch. I would fill it up myself. Does anybody know how to proceed?

(And then I'd like to replace my messed-up English dictionary with an original one...)

The Following User Says Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
I have custom input handler under construction to prevent flooding dictionaries with words from other languages.

Dictionaries are based on commercial and closed source xt9 and adding custom dictionaries into that is not possible. I would be very much interested to implement custom word prediction and dictionary solution based on presage. Presage could be even used as plugin in maliit but Jolla is holding modifications they have made to maliit source code. There is also a challenge that it should be recompiled and stock maliit installation replaced with custom one, which in my opinion is not feasible solution for larger audience.

Presage could be used as Qt plugin with QML import if anyone with enough knowledge could help in such implementation. Implementing such goes way too much beyond my skills.

Last edited by Penguin; 2014-03-21 at 19:04.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Penguin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
Presage could be even used as plugin in maliit but Jolla is holding modifications they have made to maliit source code.
https://github.com/nemomobile-packag...commits/master should really be it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Thanks! Let's see what we can find out.

I don't still fancy about idea of replacing stock maliit with custom one. That might cause unexpected issues later.

The Following User Says Thank You to Penguin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
I have custom input handler under construction to prevent flooding dictionaries with words from other languages.

Dictionaries are based on commercial and closed source xt9 and adding custom dictionaries into that is not possible. I would be very much interested to implement custom word prediction and dictionary solution based on presage. Presage could be even used as plugin in maliit but Jolla is holding modifications they have made to maliit source code. There is also a challenge that it should be recompiled and stock maliit installation replaced with custom one, which in my opinion is not feasible solution for larger audience.

Presage could be used as Qt plugin with QML import if anyone with enough knowledge could help in such implementation. Implementing such goes way too much beyond my skills.
You can also vote for that here:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...guages-to-xt9/

I have voted it there but it is more about replacing xt9 with presage which I do not see feasible solution in short term. Presage may require more own work than using xt9 requires and thus for commercial use and product creation with limited resources xt9 might be still better option. However xt9 won't be ever open and this might be also matter of resources.

Current xt9 as it has been implemented is also pretty useless. I am used to prediction system in iOS that allows me to write blindly as it replaces the written alphabets with proposed ones automatically. I can write words where no character is correct and still the prediction system finds the correct one automatically. Not always, but for most of the words. This xt9 system as it has been implemented in Jolla shows list of words where you need to select. With the time and effore to read the proposed words and select from those I can write the whole word and thus this current solution is useless for me.

Last edited by Penguin; 2014-03-22 at 17:02.

Hi all,

I would like to introduce 2 additional layouts for Jolla.

Serbian Latin, and Serbian Cyrillic.
Latin is almost like Slovenian which is used as starting point (one letter difference).

Cyrillic is made to be as similar to desktop keyboard layout as possible.

Penguin, could I kindly ask you to pack this and attach to your repository on openrepos. Thanks in advance. I would do it by myself, but I do not have setup here for that.

Thanks
Branek
Attached Files
File Type: gz jolla_Ser_Latn_Cyrl_layouts.tar.gz (1.4 KB, 114 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to branek For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your contribution to custom keyboard layouts. Both Serbian keyboard layouts now available from openrepos:

And I made a layout for those of you who like Dvorak.
If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment at the gist.

Last edited by gitful; 2014-03-30 at 19:19.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2010 @ UAE [Dubai]
Hi,

Can someone guide me how to create RPM in order to distribute the Arabic keyboard that I created via RPM?