Notices

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Mira (Venice) - Italy
My catorise plus don't refresh... I tap on save and finsh refresh after 1 millisecond -.-"... try to reboot and reinstall but nothing happen... My categories don't want to refresh.... Is there an x-terminal command or similar?

Hi, love the premise and appreciate the work you've put in. Sadly (for reasons of which I'm happy to accept are probably my own - being an end-user for all my well meaning attempts to get to grips with the inner workings of this marvellous machine) it's not working for me.
I think it all went wonky when I deleted all the preset categories, wanting to intuitively work my way back up, as it were. Despite creating new categories, sub-categories, moving apps around, refreshing, rebooting I'm stuck with the original hildon menu, except now it's doubled up - I have twice as many apps, or rather, duplicates of each.
Furthermore, no categories I create are appearing, and in the GUI of CatorisePLUS the landscape value is about 5 times too wide for my screen resulting in me having to scroll for millenia to see which app I've selected to place in a category I can't make exist. I've had a little whisk through this thread, but i've not noticed anyone having this problem. Any ideas on what i've done to ruin your app? :P

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
I had some trouble getting Catorise Plus to work but it is working well for me now. (Latest version.)

I am running CSSU and power kernel.

The first time I *changed* existing categories and after finishing all my customizations discovered that somehow Application Manager was trashed. The application menu had gone, replaced by a message "No applications installed", and no shortcuts on my desktop worked (existing ones or new ones). However the applications themselves seemed to be working as the desktop widgets were working normally and I could open some applications that way, I just couldn't open any application using shortcuts.

I used <shift><ctrl> <x> to bring up terminal (I had no other way of doing it) and uninstalled Catorise Plus. The application menu reappeared and all my shortcuts were functioning again.

I tried installing Catorise Plus again and this time left all existing categories alone. I simply added new ones for the ones I wanted, and didn't modify or delete any existing ones. It isn't necessary to delete any as if there is an unused category it simply doesn't appear on the application menu. Now I have just the application menu categories I want and all my applications launch from the categories I have designated. All is smooth and good.

The application is still rather buggy, then. I would recommend not touching existing categories when you install Catorise Plus. Just add the ones you need; the others will be ignored if you make sure they are empty.

Last edited by noetus; 2011-08-11 at 22:41.

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Finally figured it out - you can just put programs in the 'All' category if you don't want them appearing in other categories....

Last edited by noetus; 2011-08-16 at 23:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to noetus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
After doing just a few operations it starts to get horribly slow, just about unusable

(i got a shitload of stuff installed, that's probably a factor)

edit:seems mostly the issue happens when creating subfolders (sorry it took so long to post this edit)

Last edited by TiagoTiago; 2011-11-04 at 21:30.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Btw, anyone else getting
Code:
Processing triggers for catoriseplus ...
Use of uninitialized value in list assignment at /opt/catorise/catorise line 25.
when installing and uninstalling things?

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Jeddah,Saudi Arabia
hi everyone,
sorry 4 posting in dead thread but i need help.
i waz using catorise & it waz working perfectly.But after flashing my n900,when ever i tried to catorise,it says unable to install.
i also tried catorise & catorise GUI but doesnt worked.
Please help.Thanx in advance...
Regardz

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
first remove completely catorise and catorise gui. Then rebbot and install catorise plus. It should work.

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Jeddah,Saudi Arabia
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
first remove completely catorise and catorise gui. Then rebbot and install catorise plus. It should work.
thanx for the repl.i tried this many times but doesnt worked
any other solution?

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Apparently some firmwares don't have perl-modules installed by default. Since I thought they did, Catorise doesn't depend on it.

So, if you install it manually you should be good to go.

Alternatively, apt-get install catorise in X Terminal should give you more info.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post: