The lastest version in the repos is 1.2.6, dating to year 2004. Does anyone know what's the reason its not being updated? I've contacted the package maintainer but got no reply so far.

Midi playback is not working for me with this version, while its working with 1.2.8 (although my case may be special because the midid in eg. duke3d is working even with the stock version)

I think that my problem could be related to this bug. I'm getting the following warning in the application manager log (PR1.3):
apt-worker: Ignoring version from wrong domain: libsdl-mixer1.2 1:1.2.6-5+0m5+ogg+mp3
apt-worker: /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_fremantle-1.3_free_binary-armel_Packages

In addition, if I issue the command apt-get upgrade in the terminal, this package is being kept back (not upgraded).

Do you know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Last edited by ikerrg; 2011-11-10 at 18:19.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
i had same issue and solved it by running
apt-get install libsdl-mixer1.2
hope that helps.

I've already tried updating the package, but I get many warnings if I simulate the installation "apt-get -s install libsdl-mixer1.2". It seems that the system core depends on old libsdl-mixer1.2, and if I execute the command I'm afraid I will brick my device. Any idea?

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
On mine it seems to have some sort of conflict with mp-fremantle-generic-pr , i'm not exactly sure what would be the side-effects of uninstaling that...

This package is the version of the maemo OS. It does not seem good if you uninstall it...

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Russia, Moscow
mp-fremantle-generic-pr is main maemo meta package afaik, like ubuntu-desktop.
If you remove it, you won't be seeing major OS updates (but you can still do apt-get upgrade / install manually anyway). Besides that nothing changes. Actually if you install CSSU it gets removed and replaced by community one.

p.s. I'm not sure if something breaks when you update sdl mixer

Last edited by Elhana; 2011-11-10 at 19:56.

Anyway, I do not understand why a package that is in Extras can be in conflict with main maemo packages.

I remember that package from a crashing-apps issue as stated in this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to whisk4s For This Useful Post:
If the package libsdl-mixer1.2 from Extras is buggy, why is it in Extras yet? Why don't they remove it? The original package libsdl-mixer1.2 is in System repository.