Notices

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by robin92 View Post
error when I trying to install with HAM:S Can I install through terminal?
Btw Take it photo with 720p or only video?
Photo quality 720p(1280x720)would be way worse than the default photo quality (2576 x 1936).

Last edited by mirciox; 2011-11-04 at 19:22.

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Hy guys, new version here. This one should record DVD/HD videos with following stable fps:

1280x720@25
960x720@30
1024x576@30
720x576@30

Even if you use stock DSP codecs or stock kernel it is still worth to install it, it should record more smooth videos(i.e. no stutter at all) for stock resolutions.

What is still missing is correct labels for HD/DVD resolutions and appropriate icons. I would appreciate if someone helps me with the icons as I am an awful graphics designer
Do I really need CSSU to be able to use it?

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Btw: it seems N900 camera module has rolling shutter... there is skewing clearly visible when spinning around in my office chair while recording.
AFAIK N900 camera module doesn't have physical shutter (does any "phone" camera got one?), just enabling and disabling sensor. Or have I misunderstood something?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@Estel - did I manage to do it on time for the concert you was talking about ?

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
AFAIK N900 camera module doesn't have physical shutter (does any "phone" camera got one?), just enabling and disabling sensor. Or have I misunderstood something?
Older Nokia phones had mechanical shutter (N73, N82, N95, N93, N90, etc)

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@Estel - did I manage to do it on time for the concert you was talking about ?
Yea, thank You for that. My plans changed, cause I got my ticket upgraded (by Artist herself) from 74th row, balcony, to 1st row - kinda impossible for "sneaky" recording, but I was very happy for obvious reasons.

I managed to record 30 minutes encore (when everyone was out of chairs, standing near the scene, so security got no means of acting), holding N900 still, by using stage itself as tripod - but, at end, camera-ui failed to save 650 MB file correctly (to be precise, video stream was saved, but mp4 header got totally corrupted). It's my fault, at least partially - I thought, that after "snapshot" of saved video appeared (with options to view, delete etc), saving is finished, so I closed camera-ui. It got stuck on exit, so I killed it from within Maemo - results were catastrophic. It seems, that for big files, saving process is still going background, even after video seems to be saved by "common sense".

After a week-long video recovering saga (mp4 is the *****iest format, when it goes to errors in header...), reading tons of quicktime documentation, I managed to kinda fix it via hex editor - but strange effect happened to video. Every 5 seconds of it looks like - perfect picture (like made from keyframes only), turning into worse and worse one, to barely tolerable (like made of B frames only) - then, turning instantly to perfect one, and so goes on through whole video, 5 seconds-long cycles. A the same time, video timeline flow (i.e what was happening) *isn't* affected - so, frames aren't "shuffled". I haven't seen something like that before, and I'm not sure how it is possible - thought that keyframes and b-frames are saved in stream, during recording, so corrupted header, or saving errors, can't affect them - but, still, it doesn't seem to be fixable by any means.

Sorry for long, quite off-topic post.

/Estel

// Edit

Is there a way, to make camera-ui inform user about saving process still going on? After that fail, I know how to workaround'ish check it - just need to switch from video mode to photo mode (it *won't* switch, until saving is finished - can occur only, when saving big video files), but it's hardly a proper solution. Some "saving in progress" indicator - if it's possible - would be great.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-11-05 at 14:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
He's talking about this

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
Hi
First of all thanks very much for the great work.
When I press the resolution button the list comes up. I have to stock resolutions and the dvd/hd. But the DVD/HD is written like this "camerabdresolutionhd16x9" and so on for the other 3. Is this normal or do I have to edit some config to make them more user friendly.
Thanks again!

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by luketanti View Post
Hi
First of all thanks very much for the great work.
When I press the resolution button the list comes up. I have to stock resolutions and the dvd/hd. But the DVD/HD is written like this "camerabdresolutionhd16x9" and so on for the other 3. Is this normal or do I have to edit some config to make them more user friendly.
Thanks again!
Yes, it is normal, HD/DVD resolutions are missing translation strings. Once my current play with kernel-power DSP/SR patches end and both new stable/testing CSSUs are out I will merge my camera-ui patches into CSSU testing(devel?) where translations will be added too.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Sorry for possibly dumb question, but I'm lost a little. Actually, with latest kernel-power (the one with SR for 0-900 enabled), and latest CSSU, we got everything that is needed for "perfect" 720p recording/playback, or we still need to keep files, extracted from harmattan root (or extract them, in case of fresh installs)?

I'm on version released before 13th October Tori Amos show (thanks again freemangordon), so I'm not sure what is correct order for latest GUI (by camera-ui) recording, and if it is hassle-free solution (i.e. next CSSU testing update will just fix minor glitches in camera_ui, and user don't need to clean/deinstall/reinstall anything), or still temporary one, to be removed after some sources got released (GPL saga with Nokia), and achieved by different ways (kp and camera-ui updates).

Sorry again, but I think some people may benefit for such a clarification - including me, because current whirlwind of development (making me cheerful and happy, by the way - really!) is somehow confusing in terms of "what's the most actual and proper way".

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle