Active Topics

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Saudi Arabia
Ok, i'll do it later, i only have limited access here at work, maybe later at home. I'll keep you on hold on the status of my issue, hopefully the problem will resolve, however if not, by tomorrow i'll keep in touch with you.

Thank you guys for your immediate action on my query, see you tomorrow.

Note that the backup app can save the list of applications you installed, so when restoring your backup, it can re-install them.

The Following User Says Thank You to edcarsky For This Useful Post:
If you are going to reflash (both rootfs and eMMC), make sure you save your backup on your computer / sd card first. Also, make a manual copy of the contents of the MyDocs folder, just in case.

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing_Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Saudi Arabia
@Laughing_Man @dana.s @nosa101 @Venemo Thank you very much for the quick assistance.

I’ve tried many times by re flashing my device (both rootfs and eMMC), unluckily I didn’t make it through and the problem persist in several times actually.

I found one easy and very helpful way to re solve this issue. I discovered a very quick and effective option to clear my device in settings options (available in PR1.2 firmware version).

I am finally CLOSING THIS ISSUE, and thank you very much guys I truly appreciated your effort and being active team in Maemo community.

NOTE: In anyone who will encounter this problem, maybe you can look into an easy option by choosing CLEAR DEVICE in SETTINGS OPTION before re flashing your device, please be ensure that you have backup files copy of all your device in your PC, because this option will remove “ALL” unlike choosing RESTORE ORIGINAL SETTINGS that can save eMMC.

The Following User Says Thank You to edcarsky For This Useful Post:
hmmm try to check this settings...
Go to settings>phone>send my caller ID>let network choose...

Thanks a LOT HS Puv.
Your solution fixed my problem.

Can anybody please please help me with this problem?
What should i do now?
Can you show me step by step please!

Even when the phone app does work the rotation animation and the wake up process of the n900 making it a pain to answer or reject a call.

Its almost impossible to fast answer a phonecall and need to wait atleast 5 to 10 seconds before the phone becomes responsive. if you touch the screen before this time or when you accidentally tilt the phone a little the animation starts a second and third time (portrait, landscape, portrait) then it will take another 5 seconds before you can answer. this is one the stupidest thing nokia ever made! by far!!! it just doesnt work!

2 days ago, when I tried to make a call, it started to display "General Error".
I can't call and send SMS, but I can receive them.
I changed the Sim, reflashed, clear device... but it doesn't work.
I bought my N900 from Nokia online store, in UK, free sim.
Finally, I searched on Google, lots of people have the same problem like me, one could fix it but I can't contact him, the rest couldn't.

edcarsky said he could solve this problem, so can anybody show me how to do it please?

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
all those who are facing "general error" and can't make a call please change your settings "send my caller ID" to let network choose from---
--settings> phone> set my caller ID to "let network choose"

i had the same issue. resolved it via :

1. goto settings
2. tap the top center of the screen where is says - "Settings"
3. tap "Restore original settings"
4. Wait for the phone to restart.

** Just make a backup of all the data before you initiate the above procedure for being sure about your data.

Also the above does NOT delete the contacts of any other data. It just resets all settings.