I have two N900, when I copy a large file (1GB or more) from my LAPTOP to my n900 connected to usb. I get a maximum write speed of 10M / s decided to try with my other N900 and got 17.2M / s, then it is not a problem of the laptop and USB ports. I can not think how to solve this. Please any help or suggestions..

Last edited by mailcomx; 2013-06-26 at 01:14.

maybe the problem is total of applications installed in that each nokia n900 please check that first (Each devices have a different consumption cpu depend from the application used) i hope this help.

Originally Posted by viento23 View Post
maybe the problem is total of applications installed in that each nokia n900 please check that first (Each devices have a different consumption cpu depend from the application used) i hope this help.
The other phone has the same number of applications and settings. And get 17.2M / s write. I have no idea who it could be.

i think your devices is normal dude..

The problem is that 10M / s vs 17.2M / s to worry. Any suggestions for this problem? My other device write 17.2M / s significantly faster.

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
there is nothing to worry i guess. as my N900 sometimes reaches write speed of 16mb/s and sometimes it just stays at 10mb/s.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Did you consider degragmenting the file system?
The more radical approach could be to copy all the data from the partition to an external device, format the partition and finally copy the files back to it.
This would increase performance for the use of your large file later, also

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I second michaaa62's suggestion. I was about to ask about the differences between the contents of the MyDocs partitions on your respective devices, heading exactly where michaaa62 is. The existing contents of a storage device and especially fragmentation can greatly affect writing (or indeed reading) performance.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
The more radical approach could be to copy all the data from the partition to an external device, format the partition and finally copy the files back to it.
This would increase performance for the use of your large file later, also
For partition MyDocs, From Windows 7 I did a fast format and tried again, only got 10 MB / s, full format then I slow, I tried again, only get 10MB / s. I can think of to do now. Any new suggestions?

You mean to defragment rootfs or Home (opt)? With gparted?

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I second michaaa62's suggestion. I was about to ask about the differences between the contents of the MyDocs partitions on your respective devices, heading exactly where michaaa62 is. The existing contents of a storage device and especially fragmentation can greatly affect writing (or indeed reading) performance.
Both devices are configured the same way because I'm doing a full test. (the same files, system configurations and testing CSSU) I only get 10 MB / s write. The other device is 17.2 MB / s write ...

Last edited by mailcomx; 2013-06-26 at 16:29.