Active Topics

I believe this issue is more with the media player, rather than the widget. When the widget doesn't work, neither does pressing play on my a2dp car stereo. Truly annoying.

Report it here, I know the site is slow but it's wort it
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5894#c22

I've been having the same problem with the media player widget.

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5894

In comment #54 Andre Klapper mentions the TouchSearch desktop widget and I can confirm that removing that widget solves my problem. I've filed a new bug report here:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8948

It appears I posted too soon! Now I can't reproduce the fix, so I have no evidence that TouchSearch is involved.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
It might be that removing a widget launches some re-initialisation of Hildon-Desktop, which in turn reanimates the player widget.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Originally Posted by Davey101 View Post
I've been having the same problem with the media player widget.

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5894

In comment #54 Andre Klapper mentions the TouchSearch desktop widget and I can confirm that removing that widget solves my problem. I've filed a new bug report here:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8948
i encounter this problem every other day. i always delete and put the widget again, that fixes the problem. I thought i was the only one having this issue. Now i only wanted to say that NOTouchSearch widget is not the problem because with or without it, either way problem can arise and play button of media player widget just freezes and doesn't do anything.

other widgets i am currently using are: ussd-widget, omweather, fm trasmitter, facebook, calendar

I will play around with it to see if trial and error might give me some sort of result as to what widget might be causing this behavior

Last edited by niqbal; 2010-02-09 at 14:18.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
I also have this problem sometimes, but couldn't establish a pattern about when it happens...

My workaround to get it working again is simpler than removing and adding the widget, I just tap the music title to launch Media Player, and then the widget buttons get functional again.

Due to this behavior I think the problem may have something to do with the widget accessing pulseaudio or other music related daemons/binaries/scripts, but I don't have enough technical background about how multimedia works on Maemo, so it is just a guess...

Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
I also have this problem sometimes, but couldn't establish a pattern about when it happens...

My workaround to get it working again is simpler than removing and adding the widget, I just tap the music title to launch Media Player, and then the widget buttons get functional again.

Due to this behavior I think the problem may have something to do with the widget accessing pulseaudio or other music related daemons/binaries/scripts, but I don't have enough technical background about how multimedia works on Maemo, so it is just a guess...
That workaround does not work for me.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
This problem annoyed me to the point where I just stopped using the Media Player widget.. what's the point if you have to keep going into the actual Media Player itself in order to get the widget to respond again.. and even that didn't help sometimes.

In my case, I only ever had Forca Weather and Simple FMTX on my desktop, but even with both of those disabled, the Media Player widget will still fail to respond quite regularly.

Originally Posted by russo_br View Post

this does not work for me, i did try this method too thinking it might be just an access problem