Posts: 61 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bushey, Herts, UK.
Just been told via email that
If you want to watch online videos or download files, you can take advantage of your handset's Wifi feature to connect to the internet. This means that if you have wireless broadband at home, or you are in a public place with wireless internet access, you can go online this way where the experience will be better and the speed's faster.
Cheeky sods,

If, however, you would still like to increase your fair use amount, we have a 3GB option costing £12.77 a month that you can purchase.
Cheeky money grabbing sods

I fully understand the need to protect the network from people taking the piss and downloading gig after gig per month.
But i was happy consuming 700-800 MB per month within the 1GB allowance I signed up for.

Oh well T-Mobile, feckety-bye-bye then!

Originally Posted by Suurorca View Post
Seriously, is that even legal. That's a major revamp of the contract, IMO. For the very least you should be able to terminate without any extra fees and just pay off your phone.

A healthy reminder for me to not to move to UK.
If I'm correct, if the changes results in a significant increase in fees then you can get out of the contract without a termination fee. So T-Mobile UK users who (before the changes) would go over the 350 MB (or whatever it is now) limit watching videos can argue that they can exit the contract without a termination fee.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
This is appalling!
I have received no notification from tmobile at all.

I always fall just short of the 1GB allowance every month so this will hit me hard.

I just hope there is a way to get out of my contract now.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I have yet to receive notification, but I specifically joined T mobile in December in order to get this deal. I will certainly be applying to have my contract terminated without charge.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bushey, Herts, UK.
Which?'s legal team reckon T-Mobile are "likely in breach" of contracts

http://conversation.which.co.uk/mobi...ers-contracts/

The Following User Says Thank You to qwertyberty For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
This is exactly what happened to everyone on Vodafone UK last year. The end outcome was that if you could proove that your bill would rise by more than 10% because of this data cap some people got out of their contracts.

So if you have consistantly gone over 500meg for x months since you had the contract there is a good chance to get out and keep the handset. If this is the way you want to go be prepared to jump through alot of hoops and stick to your guns as they will probably offer you some sort of crappy deal.

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
I've just phoned tmobile about this and the representative seemed very confused about the change.

I've been told that my 1GB data allowance will be capped to 500MB, and this 500MB will only be counted towards actual downloading of files, so my web browsing will not be affected by this and will remain unlimited.

I tried to get across to him that my main use of the internet was downloading files, but he kept beating round the bush telling me that I will still have unlimited web browsing after I exceed the 500MB allowance; after explaining countless times about my internet usage, he admitted that this change to the FUP "will affect me, but not by much" (I disagree).

I asked if I was able to terminate my contract (because of the changes, and the fact I have not received 30days notification), but I was told no.

He did offer my a £5 credit to my account which I refused just in case this was some sort of 'agreement' between us that I will be accepting their new changes.

Last edited by jd4200; 2011-01-11 at 20:18. Reason: spelling

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
I'm on '3' and I haven't had any sort of notice like this......yet. Nah, I like '3' actually, my experience with them has been pretty good on the whole.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Interesting. I left vodafone last year because of the same stipulation that was added to the contract. They allowed you to cancel if you could show that the introduction of charges would increase your bill by atleast 10% (using last months bill). Which I did. They also had to legally notify you.

Keep an eye on bitterwallet.com for updates. They are very good for these kind of things.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
I have had the N900 for 10months on T-Mobile (900mins, 500 text & Unltd. internet) and this move to reduce the allowance is simply ridiculous.

I mean i didn't even get a text message just yet, so I am still a bit confused to what is going on.

If this change affects me, then I am very likely to leave Tmobile for good and try to find other deals around (i heard there aren't that many now).

Does this change affect everyone or just certain people? I'm just wondering because I ordered my N900 via Nokia Retail. Also, say we cancel the contract, we still get to keep the N900's & the telephone numbers right?

Last edited by kevinp93; 2011-01-11 at 22:36.