I am wondering if this bridge client flash 9 software works on the 810 or 800. The url is:

http://www.bridgebase.com/v2beta/

If someone would check for me I would be mighty thankfull.

Has anyone else found flash 9 aps that work?

jmc

Originally Posted by jmc View Post
I am wondering if this bridge client flash 9 software works on the 810 or 800. The url is:

http://www.bridgebase.com/v2beta/

jmc
That app doesn't work on my N800 with OS2008 It does a loading screen then eventually just changes to a light blue background.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
I suspect it's a memory issue. It's written with FLEX which tends to be a complete memory hog after being compiled to an swf. It's probably a bit much for the N810's 128MB of ram. Perhaps when the ram grows to 256MB or so, providing apps stay light (tremendously unlikely), we'll be able to use apps like this. Just don't expect it to be responsive, though; that site crawls on my 1GHz PC!

As an aside, I'm a BIG fan of flash, and am happy that the N810 supports flash. Unfortunately, many flash developments are not well coded and thus are slow. Of course, this is only the case with *some* sites. There are many out there that place performance ahead of laziness.

}:^)~
YARR!

Capt'n Corrupt

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
I browsed over there with FF just to see what leading-edge app this is.

OMG, is that Bridge... as in the card game? Zzzzzzzz.... LOL

Maybe it's just a matter of tastes, some people would take that comment as being offensive
Just looking at it from my laptop I get the feeling that it is too "busy" to work properly on the IT. Unfortunately, I have no WiFi here ATM so I can't confirm this.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Apologies if I offended. I seriously thought this might be some kind of videoconference-bridge or something really cutting edge that required Flash 9 support. So I was kinda shocked.

Maybe Bridge just needs to hire a PR firm to improve its image in this era of computers and video games.

Crashes after loading for me on the N810.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
How smoothly (or choppily) does www.flashearth.com. I recall a previous post that stated that it worked, but I'm curious as to the performance.

}:^)~
YARR!

Capt'n Corrupt

Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
How smoothly (or choppily) does www.flashearth.com.
It does load. However it's not very good performance wise once you zoom in closer. Its performance is so bad it became hard to navigate. I manage to zoom into the area I live in and got to street level and then the screen just went black and I had to restart the application. Yuck.

Last edited by Karwee; 2007-11-28 at 08:29.

Originally Posted by evanjfraser View Post
That app doesn't work on my N800 with OS2008 It does a loading screen then eventually just changes to a light blue background.
Seems like this is a "feature" of Linux flashplayer. I tested this on my Ubuntu Desktop and got similar result.

The Following User Says Thank You to hairless For This Useful Post: