Notices

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Canada
Is it just me or each time the phone is rebooted, the target frequency gets reset (to 88 in my case)? Is there a way to make it stick?

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jprobichaud View Post
Is it just me or each time the phone is rebooted, the target frequency gets reset (to 88 in my case)? Is there a way to make it stick?
If your frequency gets reset on reboot there is a problem with the transmitter application itself. On startup FFM is reading the current frequency from the transmitter. It does not store it itself because that's not necessary.

I guess when you change the frequency using the transmitter menu it is also reset after the reboot. You could check this to see if I'm right.

Released version 0.2.2 with support for presets.

2 presets can be set in the widgets settings dialog. Clicking on the transmitter icon (top left) toggles between them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to percy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by percy View Post
If your frequency gets reset on reboot there is a problem with the transmitter application itself. On startup FFM is reading the current frequency from the transmitter. It does not store it itself because that's not necessary.

I guess when you change the frequency using the transmitter menu it is also reset after the reboot. You could check this to see if I'm right.
yes, the frequency does get reset every reboot. Maybe I did something wrong when I imstalled the alternate fmtxd. I'll reinstall the original one and we'll see.

Thanks btw for this widget, it is very useful!

...with support for presets.
This is so great, thank you very very much!

I guess there must be a reason his "source" package contains a binary. So I wouldn't expect an answer. Loading the binary in a text editor it seems that he is using alsactl and alsamixer. Not exactly my area of expertise. Maybe Google or the forum can help us here.

Even though the last version of fm-carkit does not contain a source package, version 2 had one.
It can be found here.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=43

Version 2 was the command line version of fm-carkit.
The status-menu-widget was added in version 3.

Anyway, hope this can help.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darodi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA
Originally Posted by darodi View Post
Even though the last version of fm-carkit does not contain a source package, version 2 had one.
It can be found here.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=43

Version 2 was the command line version of fm-carkit.
The status-menu-widget was added in version 3.

Anyway, hope this can help.
looking at the code, it seems calling the main method of the c file in friendly fm should do the trick. can this be included in friendly fm???

Originally Posted by mehulrajput View Post
looking at the code, it seems calling the main method of the c file in friendly fm should do the trick. can this be included in friendly fm???
I will try to integrate it a little bit more into FFM than simply adding the source file i.e. port it to Qt and only keep the call to amixer.

Let me see how much time and motivation I'll find on the weekend.

Last edited by percy; 2011-04-15 at 21:29. Reason: typo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to percy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA
I will try to integrate it a little bit more into FFM than simply adding the source file i.e. port it to Qt and only keep the call to amixer.

Let me see how much time and motivation I'll find on the weekend.
let me know if you need help in testing...

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Why didn't this work in my girlfriend's car? It works fine in my 95 civic but not in her 08 accord. Oh it also works on the radio my dad used as an alarm when he was in high high school, over 40 years old.
Does this only work with older fm devices?

The Following User Says Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:

Tags
friendly fm