Notices

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2016 @ Austria
hey, no problem, @sicelo

The Following User Says Thank You to HTuRtle For This Useful Post:
Still do not know why -
but it works now. I reinstalled it and purge and so on (this presumably was the reason that install was 'not compatible' - I still have had the same (?) version installed),
after this I installed the here downloaded libwebp.deb with dpkg -i in superuser-mode (after it told me that this is neccessary) and installed the ppt (for verification it works) through the filemanager.

Now Telegram starts fine again.

Still wondering what the reason was...missed I to 'purge dpkg' the first time or is there any difference between the files here and the repos-files?

The Following User Says Thank You to Micha1982 For This Useful Post:
But there is another little problem,
in the program itself:

Now the last two menupoints of the editbar are completely overlapping each other.....the red one above shows 'not private' - nice that I can press it now from where I am writing - but it would be cool to see what is written under this menupoint

Is there any way to customize this anyhow?

glad it now works for you again, @Micha1982. Next time, maybe you take a more humble approach by not outright accusing the developer but first look at what you can do to improve your situation/fix it yourself. regarding the ui-glitch you're talking about .. I actually have no idea what you mean. maybe make a screenshot and show it here .. perhaps it's something that needs to get addressed..

Hi, just in case it happens to someone else, after some updates in my N900, the telegram-purple stopped working properly: defined Telegram accounts were marked as (unknown) protocol and Telegram was no longer among the available protocols in the drop-down list.

I reinstalled purple-protocol-telegram, but this didn't change the behaviour.

Then I discovered telegram-purple.so was located at / , instead of /usr/lib/purple-2 .
I've just created a link
# ln -s /telegram-purple.so /usr/lib/purple-2

and it works again.

Did anyone observe this behaviour?

Is /telegram-purple.so the right place for the file?
would it have to be somewhere in /opt and linked or directly in /usr/lib/purple-2 ?

Regards,
Rafa.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rgodinez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Where do I live?
Originally Posted by totalizator View Post
[UPDATE] 1.2.6-1 (plugin crashing fixed) is already available on extras-devel. Enjoy. maacruz

https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...0&postcount=38

After some tiny tweaking I have successfully build the telegram-purple https://github.com/majn/telegram-purple for Nokia N900.

You can install the package from extras-devel repository using Application Manager or:

Code:
apt-get install purple-protocol-telegram
http://i.imgur.com/4DNmZhJ.png

Works for me (it even displays incoming photos). May (or may not) crash a lot. Try it.
For those in need, after installing it you need to move telegram-purple.so in your home directory to /home/user/.purple/plugins or the Telegram account option will not be recognized by your Pidgin app!

The Following User Says Thank You to cHeXs7eR For This Useful Post:
interesting .. well, I installed it and *boom*, it worked. checked locations now and they are correct. so, obviously, not everyone is affected by this bug. but, of course, great to know one possible cause if it's not working.

Originally Posted by rgodinez View Post
Hi, just in case it happens to someone else, after some updates in my N900, the telegram-purple stopped working properly: defined Telegram accounts were marked as (unknown) protocol and Telegram was no longer among the available protocols in the drop-down list.

I reinstalled purple-protocol-telegram, but this didn't change the behaviour.

Then I discovered telegram-purple.so was located at / , instead of /usr/lib/purple-2 .
I've just created a link
# ln -s /telegram-purple.so /usr/lib/purple-2

and it works again.

Did anyone observe this behaviour?

Is /telegram-purple.so the right place for the file?
would it have to be somewhere in /opt and linked or directly in /usr/lib/purple-2 ?

Regards,
Rafa.
I had exactly the same problem. Thanks for the solution!

Originally Posted by cHeXs7eR View Post
For those in need, after installing it you need to move telegram-purple.so in your home directory to /home/user/.purple/plugins or the Telegram account option will not be recognized by your Pidgin app!
Not working. @-@

I justed checked .. I do not have said file in said directory .. but it's working. hmmm, weird

Tags
pidgin, telegram