Active Topics

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
<AOL>Me too!</AOL> Totally unexpected, I thought QWERTY's turn has not come yet. It was a nice present for my namesday too! Thanks, Dirk et al!

Everything works fne.
I received my QWERTY one more than one week ago so QWERTY was already sent out...

So, while I'm (im)patiently waiting on my qwerty keyboard (ordered though funkyotherhalf at the beginning of the kickstarter campaign), I'm wondering about the software side.

I have to type French and also German texts on a regular basis, and on the desktop, I make ample use of the compose key for accents and umlauts.
Are there any plans to support the compose key in general / in the upcoming layout configurator? Or would this have to be supported on the OS side first?

I just hope that I can put it onto the radar of our development heros for the not-so-distant future.

Cheers,

usenix

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to usenix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
On a similar matter, I have to type in English and French everyday. I don't mind keeping only one layout for that (it's too annoying to change each time I change language, even with the touch keyboard), but what would be really convenient would be merged dictionnaries and suggestions. Is that even possible? It's not directly related to the TOHKBD software side, but it's still related and perhaps Kimmo knows the answer?

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by tobasmogaster View Post
funkyotherhalfshop says in stock, but also unavaible? im confused and actually full of hope that i could buy anotherone..
Or, in my case, a first one. :-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
I received my QWERTY one more than one week ago so QWERTY was already sent out...
I am waiting yet my qwerty TOHKBD at Spain. It is #104 and was marked as sent (or going to be sent) the first day the google drive document appeared (June the 17th).

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
ALT+F4 works on my Linux desktop as well...
But not on Jolla. Just re-tested, nothing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
But not on Jolla. Just re-tested, nothing.
Still can't believe it's not windows

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
As a mac user I'd love to have ctrl-q to quit app and ctrl-w to close tab... But ideally, these should be configurable in the OS, so everyone could have what they want.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post:
No! One size fits all -- deal with it! (⌐■_■)

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
)but what would be really convenient would be merged dictionnaries and suggestions. Is that even possible? It's not directly related to the TOHKBD software side, but it's still related and perhaps Kimmo knows the answer?
Is there any plans getting suggestions available even from a single dictionary? Now that the virtual keyboard is hidden when using TOHBD also the language selection and suggestions are hidden.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PekkU For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd