Active Topics

I appear to have failed, twice, to update the 770 s'ware. I borrowed use of a Windows machine (ahem), went to the Nokia Europe site and downloaded the wizard, update software and instruction pdf. The wizard reported (twice) that the update was successful.

After the update, the control panel reports that my software version is 2.2005.45-7. I thought from folks here that my goal was to reach 45-8. Am I wrong? Anyone else try and end up with -7?

I am interested to both improve web browsing memory problems, and perhaps permit myself to connect at work - so far I can only connect at home, where the WiFi signal is so strong it ruffles my hair......

I updated mine with the Windows updater and the latest copy of the OS from Nokia's site and I am also at 2.2005.45-7. Is 2.2005.45-8 located somewhere else - http://maemo.org/ for instance?

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
Well, I got 2.2005.45-8 from http://www.maemo.org/downloads/nokia_770

Thanks Brad. I will learn to turn to maemo before Nokia.

I was able to update to -8 successfully. I'm not sure what changed. The only thing visible thing that I noticed is the calibration icon in the Control Panel. It was moved up to where the Device icon formerly was.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Espoo, Finland
I also updated to -8 version from maemo.org. Strange that it wasn't long ago when Nokia announced the version -7 on their site and there already is a newer version on maemo.org. Or maybe it isn't too big of a surprise that nokia.com isn't updated as frequently as maemo.org.

www.teemuharju.net