Burn all platforms. Go all in with Android and Tizen. Just call Tizen meego 2. Then, if WP is getting anywhere, make some low end WP junk for the masses.

I am always saying that Nokia was the giant of the mobiles, but when you succeed to reach the top you would try to reach more or you'll be satisfied with what you achieved, that's what happened with Nokia

they kept using Symbian as an OS for their phones while the people are converting to Android and windows phones.

if Nokia wants to get high again and to be at the top and if I am the manager, I will try to cooperate with Google to convert to Android using it as a operating system for my smartphones

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Egypt News

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Berkshire UK
I would -

Keep a few S40 'proper' phone models with a numeric keypad
Design a market-leading premium android device with top-of-the-range hardware and excellent reception. Maybe a glass uni-body? Don't tell me an android device with top nokia hardware won't sell like hotcakes
Develop mid-range phones based on the N9/lumia800/900 which run android
Keep a single maemo phone with keyboard, deb packages, gtk for geeks and developers, and see what it turns into.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ london
call quits on the smart phone business and reinvent themselves into the commercial space industry lol they can become new market leader

p.s me and my brother had this discussion about a month ago, it was awesome...

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Or, Keep symbian and WP for mid-low phones for USA...

And MeeGo as high-end..

Meltimi for low-end phones...

Push Qt for all 4 OSes really hard...

Once WP8 comes out and specs are allowed to be higher, create a WP8 phone and a Meego phone like the current N9 and Lumia 800, sell them both as high end phones. Move to meltimi/symbian for mid-low phones.

Then go on a marketing blitz something along the lines like customers have choice with us.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
meego.

10char

keep WP as flagship/mid-end/low-end/no-end +mass spamming gsm provider for ******ed US/AUS/UK/any country that looks down on symbian.

Symbian+MeeGo as dual flagship phone for rest of the world

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Long live Meegooooo

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Three words: Maemo Six development.