Notices

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
I can't seem to get it to work correctly (0.9.81).

/opt/usr/share/themes/foo/transitions.ini has not been created.
If it is based on the transactions.ini that was included in the old packages that could be the case. I removed that file because there were reports it would overwrite custom settings.

Transition.ini is not really needed in that themes folder, is it? I assume it is for storing the transitions settings set using that theme. I do not have that file in any of my theme folders.

Manual changes to either (when created /opt/usr...) doesn't update in theme-customizer.

Changes in theme-customizer only edits /opt/usr version even thought it wasn't created. /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini doesn't get edited.

AFAIK both need changing if using a custom theme?
It tries to update (if exists) both the transitions.ini in the themes folder, and the one in /usr/share/hildon-desktop/. I did not alter any of that code.

The update of /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini works fine on my device. Both in case /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini was altered manually (theme customizer picks up that new value, only from /usr/share/hildon-desktop) and when theme customizer writes it's updates. I have tested this multiple times.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by ade View Post
It tries to update (if exists) both the transitions.ini in the themes folder, and the one in /usr/share/hildon-desktop. I did not alter any of that code.

The update of /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini works fine on my device. Both in case /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini was altered manually (theme customizer picks up that new value, only from /usr/share/hildon-desktop) and when theme customizer writes it's updates. I have tested this multiple times.
Not certain if both definately need updating, is /opt/usr just a theme-customizer thing or do all custom theme go there?

Here it seems if /opt/usr.. exists, /usr/share.. isn't updated?

Also if I edit snap-to-grid manually theme customizer definately doesn't update.

Other points
Keep current wallpapers has no selector and the version in About is 0.9.80.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Not certain if both definately need updating, is /opt/usr just a theme-customizer thing or do all custom theme go there?
Dunno. Like anyone else, I would have to look in the code for an answer.

Here it seems if /opt/usr.. exists, /usr/share.. isn't updated?
Your are very right about this one! Then I really need to find out what the purpose of the theme one is and why this choice is made.

Also if I edit snap-to-grid manually theme customizer definately doesn't update.
I hope you are not expecting some live update while running theme customizer? Because it does not. With what config are you testing (cssu/busybox power etc.)?

Other points
Keep current wallpapers has no selector
I am not sure what you mean by that...

and the version in About is 0.9.80.
I will put 0.9.81 in the next version

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
I hope you are not expecting some live update while running theme customizer? Because it does not. With what config are you testing (cssu/busybox power etc.)?

I am not sure what you mean by that...

I will put 0.9.81 in the next version
All packages from CSSU-devel/testing, no bb-power, kp51r1.
I have closed everything and waited I realise theme customizer finds the settings at startup.

See screenshot for no selection.
Nothing is/can be selected in 'keepcurrent-use theme' section.
Is this correct?

Lastly the next one will be 0.9.82 surely
Attached Images

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
All packages from CSSU-devel/testing, no bb-power, kp51r1.
I have closed everything and waited I realise theme customizer finds the settings at startup.

See screenshot for no selection.
Nothing is/can be selected in 'keepcurrent-use theme' section.
Is this correct?

Lastly the next one will be 0.9.82 surely
Weird that "keep current wallpaper" is not selected. I defined it in Qt Creator as checked, and it does shows as selected on my device. I will set it explicitly in the code itself, no idea why it is ignored in your case.

Nothing can be selected, never could be afaik, it is just the choice between the two (or get the selected themes wallpapers, or keep your current ones). What would you expect to select?

And the loading of the settings at startup is now clarified as I understand?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Weird that "keep current wallpaper" is not selected. What would you expect to select?

And the loading of the settings at startup is now clarified as I understand?
Well I am expecting eithier use theme's wallpapers or keep current should be highlight and I should be able to change this option between them?

As you can see after modifing /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini, closing all programs then opening theme customizer it hasn't noticed the change.
I thought this was changed in 0.9.80 so theme-customizer would find the current setting, correct?
Attached Images

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Well I am expecting eithier use theme's wallpapers or keep current should be highlight and I should be able to change this option between them?
Ah, okay that was what I was talking about. Again this works fine on my device, but I will also explicitly set it in the code, see if that helps you.

As you can see after modifing /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini, closing all programs then opening theme customizer it hasn't noticed the change.
I thought this was changed in 0.9.80 so theme-customizer would find the current setting, correct?
I think it reads the values from the theme transitions.ini, just like write does. As I do not have those, it works for me.

I will look in to this, test, and report back.
Thanks for testing so far!

Edit: I see the existence of backgrounds/theme_bg.desktop makes the theme buttons disabled, that's what you are experiencing.

Last edited by ade; 2013-03-09 at 21:42.

Ah, okay that was what I was talking about. Again this works fine on my device, but I will also explicitly set it in the code, see if that helps you.
Seems I have found the issue.
Somehow theme-customizer set my selected themes "selected" option to Black so you couldn't see the selected item.
Very odd as I haven't touched the colours.

Diagnosed by switching to stock theme (blue) which worked then back to Digital nature (orange)

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Seems I have found the issue.
Somehow theme-customizer set my selected themes "selected" option to Black so you couldn't see the selected item.
Very odd as I haven't touched the colours.

Diagnosed by switching to stock theme (blue) which worked then back to Digital nature (orange)
I already did an extra setChecked, although it is not needed reading this now I hope that color was not changed by theme customizer?

I looked at the buttons you mentioned. It will disable "use theme's wallpaper" if cannot find theme_bg.desktop. Which makes sense, as it stores the themes wallpaper info. So that is sorted out now.

About the transition.ini in the themes folder:
I cannot find out where it is used for, it is never put back to /usr/share/hildon-desktop/ as far as I can tell. So I removed all further references to it, and it should only deal with the current transition.ini, no relation to themes.

Code:
 theme-customizer (0.9-82) stable; urgency=low
   * only deal with transitions.ini in /usr/share/hildon-desktop
   * layout change color preset buttons in portrait
   * explicitly setting keep current wallpapers checked
Edit: this thead http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=57088 talks about the transition.ini files in themes. Are they used and do they have priority over the one in /usr/share/hildon-desktop/? Or is it copied during a theme installation? I never heard of that, but I could have missed something....

Last edited by ade; 2013-03-21 at 22:39.

Edit: this thead http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=57088 talks about the transition.ini files in themes. Are they used and do they have priority over the one in /usr/share/hildon-desktop/? Or is it copied during a theme installation? I never heard of that, but I could have missed something....
Will try it out.

Well as you know I have looked at the sources and it was so busy it was hard to work out, for a beginner.

Anyway I thought I'd look at some custom themes and realised that a huge lump of theme's depend on theme-customizer

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...omizer/0.9-77/

Looking at the sources of them they dump stuff in /usr/share/themes/foo/...
Looking at your post above they have the option of there own transitions.ini files, however there is nothing in the themes sources to indicate this.

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...-pack-1/1.5-3/

http://maemo.org/packages/source/vie...-pack-2/1.6-5/

http://maemo.org/packages/view/plastic-icon-pack/

Hopefully this dependency issue will not be too much of a problem, the new theme packs say they work with the standard theme switcher.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post: