Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Ok, many people have had their N900 a few days or weeks now, and a lot of you have shared your opinions on it. But I'd love to know what have been those moments with the device that have blown you away, made you realise it's a keeper. For me it was these:

- riding home the other day on the bus, I had seven tabs open in the browser. One of those was my bank's site, which is normally impossible to open on a mobile because of a lot of complex drop-down menus. But the N900 handled it no problem. At the same time in another tab I had a streaming video of a conference lecture I wanted to watch. I also had Mauku running, my email being pulled down and a PDF open. I switched effortlessly between them and realised that this would be impossible on 99% of mobile phones on the market.

- second thing was when my wife - who's from Kyrgyzstan - wanted to phone home. Normally she has to go upstairs to use Skype on the computer with the headphones. But I gave her my phone and let her use SkypeOut (the integration of Skype by the way is absolutely awesome), she spoke for a while and said the quality was crystal clear. My son wanted to speak to his grandmother, so I switched it to speakerphone and he had a chat, again wonderful quality. Normally calls to the country are really crackly, but this was much better.

Now, for those who change their phones regularly these may not seem amazing, but this is my first for several years and I am ridiculously happy by some of the things it can do. What things have really impressed you about the N900?

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Back of a bus in Barcelona my first look at liqflow. Amazing! I now have that on My Mo, and keep showing it off to people.

Other than that, the simple ease of checking email, workmail, twitter etc wherever am takes my breath away almost daily. The way that Mo swaps from cell data to wifi seamlessly without even bothing to ask me.

Learning to play games I've never played before (including Bounce), drawing on the sketchpad, sharing pics via service and pixelpipe.

Going to Barcelona - being invited to be part of something so incredible and wonderful.

And most of all the community.

Lots and lots of Wow moments!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hannover, Germany
Install sshd, login and do a
Code:
# cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.28-omap1 (bifh2@maemo-bifh-03) (gcc version 4.2.1) #1 PREEMPT Wed Oct 28 15:32:55 EET 2009
I love this :-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to schnebeck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Ovi email integration and IM/SMS functionality. Pleasantly surprised for the most part.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
wow mine is no where to be found!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
To be honest there have been no wow moments for me.
Really excited to get the phone and unbox it that was about all. As soon as i touched the screen for the first time my jaw dropped. It was no where near as smooth and responsive as my HTC HERO.
Had no problems initially but after 48 hrs of playing with it i realised that the phone side of the software is poor. Yes i know people say well its not a phone really blah blah, but the reception is really poor and it constantly dropped calls.
Found the phone uncomfortable to hold for long periods due to its thickness. The software is buggy and i know it will get better but with the battery issues, the poor touch functionality, the slow response and the size of the thing it just had to go.
Bring on the motorola milestone. Got it today and its a dream in comparison. The screen is beautiful and it all seems to work as it should. Slightly faster than my (OLD) Hero and with crystal clear clarity on phone calls. The speaker is hellish loud.

So in a nut shell im returning my n900 to nokia under the 14 day im not happy guarantee, selling my HERO and continuing to drewl over my milestone. Love it , just Love it.

Originally Posted by wingy999 View Post
Really excited to get the phone and unbox it that was about all. As soon as i touched the screen for the first time my jaw dropped. It was no where near as smooth and responsive as my HTC HERO.
Had no problems initially but after 48 hrs of playing with it i realised that the phone side of the software is poor. Yes i know people say well its not a phone really blah blah, but the reception is really poor and it constantly dropped calls.
Found the phone uncomfortable to hold for long periods due to its thickness. The software is buggy and i know it will get better but with the battery issues, the poor touch functionality, the slow response and the size of the thing it just had to go.
Bring on the motorola milestone. Got it today and its a dream in comparison. The screen is beautiful and it all seems to work as it should. Slightly faster than my (OLD) Hero and with crystal clear clarity on phone calls. The speaker is hellish loud.

So in a nut shell im returning my n900 to nokia under the 14 day im not happy guarantee, selling my HERO and continuing to drewl over my milestone. Love it , just Love it.
lol @ the hairy thingy under the bridge...
coughTROLLcough

Last edited by alexreed88; 2009-12-11 at 23:01.

Lol. Are you smoking something?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to captainqtp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland

Seriously, from all the other threads out there you had to pick this one?!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vode For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
The camera did it for me. Verrry nice snaps, especially better reds than the usual Nokia snappers.