Notices

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Mirror is a simple utility that shows a real-time mirror image of the built-in user-facing camera. To call this an application is a bit of an overstatement, but it has been requested by several users in various threads, so, there. Comments welcome, just don't ask me to turn it into a a full-blow image processing thing, or to automatically remove skin blemishes

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/mirror/

Developers: https://garage.maemo.org/projects/mirrorapp/

Version 2 changelog: has zoom, can toggle between 16:9 (screen) and 4:3 (camera), can fullscreen, remembers it's settings, and, last but not least, stops when not in foreground.

EDIT: Special thanks to daperl for the original gstreamer chain idea/example. Sorry for the missing README

EDIT: Diablo version is on hold. I just remembered why I'm a Qt guy. There are just too many syntax changes in PyGTK/hildon between Maemo 4 and Maemo 5. Feel free to pick-up the code and adapt it to Maemo 4.x syntax if interested.

Last edited by attila77; 2009-11-04 at 14:44.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
cannot install the gstreamer0.10-plugins-good package

go look at http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...0-0maemo8+0m5/

The Following User Says Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Mirror is a simple utility that shows a real-time mirror image of the built-in user-facing camera. To call this an application is a bit of an overstatement, but it has been requested by several users in various threads, so, there. Comments welcome, just don't ask me to turn it into a a full-blow image processing thing, or to automatically remove skin blemishes

It's currently in Fremantle extras-testing, try it out, vote up if you find no problems so it could get into extras (and thus general users). I'll hack together a Diablo version for N8x0 users, too.

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...l/mirror/1.0-2
any screen shots?

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Originally Posted by kryptoniankid17 View Post
any screen shots?
*facepalm*

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
would it be able to make the background look like the actual reflective surface of a mirror.

any screen shots?
I'm not THAT pretty Seriously, it's a mirror, not exactly much to be seen from a screenshot.

would it be able to make the background look like the actual reflective surface of a mirror.
Background... you lost me there. Can you elaborate ?

Last edited by attila77; 2009-10-19 at 13:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
I'm not THAT pretty Seriously, it's a mirror, not exactly much to be seen from a screenshot.

Background... you lost me there. Can you elaborate ?
theme or background. what your reflection apears in front of. now that i think about it. it could be almost like one of those photo booths.

OK, I understand now. That would only be possible if the background would be single-colour and uniformly lit (like in the photobooth you mention). I guess it could be done, but that's not really the use-case for this 'app' (it sounds more like an extension/filter for the camera application).

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
kriptoniankid17, it doesn't really make sense what you're saying about this app.. the app displays what the front camera sees, so it shows your person and the background behind you. = mirror.

that photo booth stuff you talk about has nothing to do with this application, if I understood well what you mean.
[ example of Photo Booth effects ]
[ example of the effect you probably talk about ]

The Following User Says Thank You to thecursedfly For This Useful Post:
OK, I understand now. That would only be possible if the background would be single-colour and uniformly lit (like in the photobooth you mention). I guess it could be done, but that's not really the use-case for this 'app' (it sounds more like an extension/filter for the camera application).
with this community though you never know. someone will pick up on it. But its great to know developers pay attention.

Tags
beauty, brush, i'm so pretty, is that a booger?, makeup, mirror, vanity