For me, there's more frustrating moments than "wow" moments. I wrote this open letter expressing myself about this, and I'm decided to sell my N900 if the upcoming firmware update does not bring us some significant improvement

The Following User Says Thank You to freemanamg For This Useful Post:
Today in the office we were unable to find anything we wanted to listen to on the radio. We wanted a show that was on earlier available by the bbc website. Problem is that my laptop's speakers are truely dire and we have no external speakers to plug in.

N900 to the rescue. COnnect to the bbc site via wifi, enable the FM transmitter and tue the office radio into the n900 - problem solved

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Just moved in to a new place and had the window cracked open about 4 inches. The left speaker for my computer which has the controls on it was sitting right below that window. The rain got in and onto that left speaker with the control unit and now it sounds like there is a microphone permanently connected to the speakers with the bass turned up all the way.
It's just loud noise.
So.......
I tether my pc to my N900 and start surfing this website while at the same time on my N900 I'm watching latest episode of legend of the seeker
http://www.wisevid.com/gate-way?v=3t_f3fu-ff9c
and it actually looks decent.
So the phablet can provide internet access to a pc while at the same time using the internet.
I fully expected wisevid not to work. I am very pleased to see that it does. I guess this is due to the latest firmware update.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
my WOW moment is! wow the screen is scratched o.O already?

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by freemanamg View Post
For me, there's more frustrating moments than "wow" moments. I wrote this open letter expressing myself about this, and I'm decided to sell my N900 if the upcoming firmware update does not bring us some significant improvement
You are of the impatient sort, aren't you? This is the most powerful and open platform ever available to put in your pockets, and after it's been out for 6 weeks you complain that it's not perfect?
Back on topic, my wow moments: being able to create 3 widgets in 10 days, using only the spare time of perhaps 2-3 evenings each:
  • Nikon DSL remote shutter control
  • Media Player sleep timer
  • Phone call recorder
(The last two will get available once the autobuilder and the repos are up again, the phone call recorder still needs some finetuning)

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
just cornered one

when i got ssh working with public key only

am going to town

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Subtitles in Media player! WOW!

Well, my wow has been how fast the community has been churning out software which makes my N900 usable tool! Thanks guys!

And then the things I get done when there is a real keyboard on the device!

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
getting dumped for using it more then i talked to my girlfriend. i was given the option send it back or im gone. had to make the saine choice. N900 i love you.

The Following User Says Thank You to kryptoniankid17 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Germany
1: Getting a skype call on the subway 20 meters under the earth.
2: Using sip to connect to our office and having my extension-number routed to my n900 while I was somewhere else. And actually using it :-)