The last thing I did last night was delete converted videos from my external memory, turned off my IT and charged it overnight. When I got in the office, I turned it on and my main screen was blank. None of my applets were loading. I went through the settings and checked (ticked) my usual applets but after pressing OK, a white window opens and covers the whole screen, freezes the phone for a bit. It allows me to close it via the back button after a couple of seconds.

Any help on whats causing this?

Do I need to reinstall diablo?

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
Do you have Swap enabled? If so it sounds like a corrupt swap file. Take your memory card out and format it on your pc. See if that helps

Sorry to ask this question but is SWAP an app?

Seems like the app thats preventing my IT from booting correctly is the OMweather. I chose (ticked) everything else except that and I seems to be booting fine now.

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
Delete OMweather and then re-install it.

swap is not an app. swap is an area which the OS tricks the CPU think it as if real memory, RAM, to dump/read data to/from. By doing that the machine can run more apps (and faster) because it thinks it has more memory to load apps. For the N8x0, it usually is a FAT file in mmc2. When the swap file is corrupted; we have problems.

Thanks, I got it. I'll try to re-install OMweather then.

SWAP is somewhat like demand paging then?

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA