Notices

I've done the search on the site and on google also but I can figure out whats happening with my n810 and claws. The problem started this morning. I'm able to launch Claws but when I hit Get Mail, the app shuts down by itself.

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Upon reinstalling, I also had to redo the settings which works fine because I was able to pull all my folder. I restarted the IT and back to square one again. The app just shuts down.

Can anyone help me out please?

Bump bump..

File a bug. Give as much details about your setup as you can.

Claws works fine for many people here.

Thanks, went ahead and did that.

Originally Posted by janozaurus View Post
File a bug. Give as much details about your setup as you can.

Claws works fine for many people here.

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ silicon valley
From what I vaguely recall it might be related to some corrupted files. Might as well check your disks (especially if you use ext2.) But jffs2 doesn't need anything so if claws mails is just using that, disregard. If you have a backup of your data files this is also worth trying.

Thanks Sarah, I'll try to look into it more. I've been coresponding with someone from bugzilla but I just really don't understand most of the suggestions that I've been getting. My knowledge with this os is very limited. I find myself googling for hours just trying to understand the terms/wording that are given to me.

Its really far off from symbian that I'm so used to.

Honestly I feel really inadequate using this device. For now all I use it for is for browsing.

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
Are you using IMAP? Are you synchronizing really big folders?

I had the problem when I was trying to download folders with a few thousand messages. If you are doing this, try to go in to the settings and limit the range of messages it brings in, say 2 months or so. You might have to do this really quickly if it automatically checks/synchronizes for you, otherwise it will crash before you can save.

Thanks.

Yes I'm using I map. There aren't that many emails in my folder although some of the emails do have some attachments in them.

I've tried to navigate the settings under configuration but I can't seem where to alter the folder download settings.

Thanks for the patience guys.

Same thing here. I'm a heavy claws user. It worked fine yesterday (and for months) but today it's crashing constantly. Crashes consistently when composing a message, either a new message or a reply. Stays up a little longer if all I'm doing is reading mail.

Is there any way to debug this? Log files? A "claws-crashed" file is created in .claws-mail/tmp but the file contains the single word "foo". Not terribly informative. The claws.log file is empty.

Running OS2007 and version 3.4.0 of Claws Mail. (Freshly updated today to see if it would cure the problem. It did not.)

I enabled the external editor (leafpad) and now I can at least type a reply without claws crashing.