Notices

Originally Posted by pakyooh View Post
Yep the same thing I tried. Unable to continue, Read-only folder Trash.
Is it marked read-only if you tap the info icon in File Manager?

Tap the "i" in the blue circle to bring up the "Folder details" pop-up. When I do this, the Read-only box is not checked.

I wonder if that's your problem, that the Claws folder got set to read-only somehow....

If the read-only box is checked in the "Folder details" window, can you uncheck it?

Originally Posted by logicprobe View Post
Maybe it's fixed now, haven't checked. IIRC it is bug 1515. It certainly WAS true because it bit me a couple of times.
Well I would still hold that it's NOT true, as it was only affecting IMAP accounts under certain conditions. Your statement was not specific enough.

Anyway, it's been fixed. See the bug report for details: http://www.thewildbeast.co.uk/claws-...ug.cgi?id=1515

Originally Posted by claws View Post
Well I would still hold that it's NOT true, as it was only affecting IMAP accounts under certain conditions. Your statement was not specific enough.
Gosh, I'm terribly sorry. I posted what I knew. I'm not a Claws developer, just a stupid user.

Gosh, I'm terribly sorry. I posted what I knew. I'm not a Claws developer, just a stupid user.
Is that sarcasm? To me it is important that info in public forums is accurate, because other people might read it at face value.

Yeah that was the first thing I've tried to check for. Its not marked as read only.

I'll try to delete it via pc.

Is it marked read-only if you tap the info icon in File Manager?

Tap the "i" in the blue circle to bring up the "Folder details" pop-up. When I do this, the Read-only box is not checked.

I wonder if that's your problem, that the Claws folder got set to read-only somehow....

If the read-only box is checked in the "Folder details" window, can you uncheck it?

Originally Posted by pakyooh View Post
Yeah that was the first thing I've tried to check for. Its not marked as read only.

I'll try to delete it via pc.

can you run Claws from xterm like this: 'claws-mail --debug', and post the relevant stuff from the debug output?

Sorry I forgot to mention that this should have been posted in the Newbie section from the beginning (thanks to Krisse).

I've been trying to figure out how to use xterm since some of the advice I've been getting mentions procedures using it. I have no idea how begin using it.

So far I've typed:

'claws-mail --debug'
claws-mail --debug'
claws-mail
--debug

and all got the response of "not found"

I've if there was a tutorial on how to use xterm but haven't found any instructions.

can you run Claws from xterm like this: 'claws-mail --debug', and post the relevant stuff from the debug output?

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
pakyooh --

if you're in the directory where claws-mail is located, then you'd need to type:

./claws-mail --debug

...otherwise, the claws-mail would need to be in a directory that is on your $PATH

Is that sarcasm? To me it is important that info in public forums is accurate, because other people might read it at face value.
No sarcasm. Just stating facts. I was simply trying to help by posting what I know. Perhaps I took your response the wrong way, but you seemed to be saying, "Sit down and shut up."

I was just trying to help the guy who started this thread and I posted what I knew from my own experience. It won't happen again.

The claws folders are in the internal memory card. How would I execute that?

Sorry again, as I mentioned I'm really new at this.

Originally Posted by briand View Post
pakyooh --

if you're in the directory where claws-mail is located, then you'd need to type:

./claws-mail --debug

...otherwise, the claws-mail would need to be in a directory that is on your $PATH