Notices

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Halifax, NS
It's not in the application config, it's in the folder properties. Tap and hold on the folder, and scroll the menu way to the bottom. In the properties screen you see the option to check for email, synchronize, and folder processing. Might be one of those.

If it's crashing at other times, try going offline then write your message, that will at least tell you if it's having issues downloading in the background. You may want to set up MH or mbox folders so you at least have a queue to put your messages in.

Thanks, found the settings that you mentioned. I've changed it to 20 days and its still crashes when forming any type of connection.

The app is pretty much stable unless I to send or refresh. I can navigate through the app settings without any problem.

I deleted the Claws folder and re-synchronized. Seems to have stopped the crashes.

Originally Posted by pakyooh View Post
Yes I'm using I map. There aren't that many emails in my folder although some of the emails do have some attachments in them.

I've tried to navigate the settings under configuration but I can't seem where to alter the folder download settings.
Does it crash when you try to read one particular message? Claws-mail has a known messages size restriction (i.e. bug). I think the biggest message it can handle is about 9MB. Claws can move the message to another folder, but trying to open it causes the crash. I created a folder called "LargeMsgs" to hold them until I can get to my desktop system and read them there.

I can access all folders without crashing except for the Inbox.

The contents of the other folders are displayed as normal however when I try to open any messages I get the message:

This message can't be displayed.
This is probably due to a network error.

Use "View Log" in the tools menu for more information.

Log seems to try to connect a few times then **IMAP error: FETCH error

Did you delete the claws folder via pc? I can't seem to deleted using the tablet's file manager.

Originally Posted by logicprobe View Post
I deleted the Claws folder and re-synchronized. Seems to have stopped the crashes.

Originally Posted by pakyooh View Post
Did you delete the claws folder via pc? I can't seem to deleted using the tablet's file manager.
I used the tablet's File Manager. I'm running OS2007 on a N800. My Claws folder is at the top level of the internal SD card, and I was able to delete by tapping the little trash can icon on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. Claws was not running at the time, of course.

Yep the same thing I tried. Unable to continue, Read-only folder Trash.

Originally Posted by logicprobe View Post
Claws-mail has a known messages size restriction (i.e. bug). I think the biggest message it can handle is about 9MB.
eh? Where did you get this information? It's not true.

Originally Posted by claws View Post
eh? Where did you get this information? It's not true.
Maybe it's fixed now, haven't checked. IIRC it is bug 1515. It certainly WAS true because it bit me a couple of times.