I was quite surprised to not find any discussion about the libhybris announcement for MWKN, and the possibilities it may present by making use of binary files from android devices.

With this, would it make it possible for example to pull in hardware accelerated codecs or updated SGX userland libraries from an Android device for example? Would this in turn allow an updated kernel, based closer on mainline to reduce our existing patchset?

https://plus.google.com/113386402913...ts/9LF6atjc455

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
I was quite surprised to not find any discussion about the libhybris announcement for MWKN, and the possibilities it may present by making use of binary files from android devices.

With this, would it make it possible for example to pull in hardware accelerated codecs or updated SGX userland libraries from an Android device for example? Would this in turn allow an updated kernel, based closer on mainline to reduce our existing patchset?

https://plus.google.com/113386402913...ts/9LF6atjc455
We've got all the SGX binary drivers we need, actually.

This is more for porting Mer/glibc-based distros onto Android hardware.

To reduce the number of patches we need to apply, may I suggest going through the awful mess of patches on the MeeGo OBS, figuring out which order we're supposed to apply them, figuring out which patches we're still supposed to apply, and only then submit them for mainlining into Linux.

The patches for 2.6.37 are all over the place, and the fact that kernel build instructions for the N900 HW adaptation is MIA is horribly saddening.

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
We've got all the SGX binary drivers we need, actually.

This is more for porting Mer/glibc-based distros onto Android hardware.

To reduce the number of patches we need to apply, may I suggest going through the awful mess of patches on the MeeGo OBS, figuring out which order we're supposed to apply them, figuring out which patches we're still supposed to apply, and only then submit them for mainlining into Linux.

The patches for 2.6.37 are all over the place, and the fact that kernel build instructions for the N900 HW adaptation is MIA is horribly saddening.
unfortunately its not just the Meego kernel it applies to. Ever tried tracking down the updated patches (Gstreamer support for firefox for example) for MicroB...

I usually monitor the kernel changelogs for each release (not point releases though) to look for patches relating to rx51. There are a fair few components that are now support upstream compared to 2.6.28 we currently have, so some patches would possibly be dropped, providing the implementation/api is the same.

Obviously what we have works, I was just looking at libhybris from a different perspective. The SGX comment was in relation to updated userland binaries for bug fixing, reducing tearing, 720p performance etc. We're not going to be getting any upstream fixes anytime soon, so could we integrate them from another platform?

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
The SGX530 R121 is quite old, and we can probably grab the newest non-Android SGX drivers from the N9 (or grab them from Nemo, but those are built for hardfp)

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 754 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
I've built it, what do you need to know?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
technically apkenv is a use for us .