Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by Sandeep View Post
Thank you nkirk for the DSP guide.

I still have problems playing the 720p videos. It lags and plays frozen frame by frame in KMPlayer. Not playing at all in Stock player.

Please help.

Thank you.
Are U Able To Play Test Video Perfectly With Media Player With Overclocked Dsp....?

If Yes Then Everything Is Alright...

N900 Dsp Is Not Powerful Enough To Play High Profile CABAC HD Videos...

Wanted to bump this thread since people are posting their problems in the 720p development thread, when they should go here

Regarding my m4v playback problems -- I've been playing many hours of movies straight to get a better idea of what's happening. mafw (stock media player, OMP) both seem to play videos best after initially powering on the N900. After phone calls or texts is when problems with higher-bitrate videos seem to begin.

The Following User Says Thank You to wumpwoast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 110 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bangalore
Originally Posted by knobby View Post
Are U Able To Play Test Video Perfectly With Media Player With Overclocked Dsp....?

If Yes Then Everything Is Alright...

N900 Dsp Is Not Powerful Enough To Play High Profile CABAC HD Videos...
I'm able to play the test.avi video in KMPlayer not in Stock media player. Stock player flashes the dots for a while and returns to videos. It show no error msgs. Also the playback is not consistent - sometimes plays, other times not !!

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by Sandeep View Post
I'm able to play the test.avi video in KMPlayer not in Stock media player. Stock player flashes the dots for a while and returns to videos. It show no error msgs. Also the playback is not consistent - sometimes plays, other times not !!
okay...have u removed gstreamer0.10-openmax and restored original mafw-gst-renderer...

if yes u need to raise ur voltages in the profile u are using..

The Following User Says Thank You to knobby For This Useful Post:
A couple (unhelpfully unconfirmed) issues:

I suspect that the Harmattan dspbridge/gst packages may cause Skype video calls to immediately disconnect when the other side sends video. Tried with Vista and Debian callers. The in-set self-video works fine, but as soon as video is to be transferred, the call disconnects.

My phone has also been dying at strange times -- like, during calls, context switches. Battery life doesn't appear to be the issue.

Will post when I've learned more. If there are any particularly helpful logging techniques I might try (other than network syslog), let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to wumpwoast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Milano
Hi all ^^

After a bit of trouble I was able to install kernel power v49, dsp patch, 720p codec and cameraui patch for 720p recording.

Now I'm able to record 720p video, and I'm able to play the 720p video that I've recorded whit the stock video player, but when I select another 720p video (for example an anime) the video player doesn't play the video... I only see the 5 little balls for some time and then i see the three button (forward paly backward) and the video doesn't start, even if I lock the frequencies @ 900 mhz.

The video that I'm trying to play is a 24 mins, 16:9 720p@23.9 fps whit aac audio.

Edit : a little better whit kmplayer

Last edited by Alastor89; 2011-11-04 at 11:26.

This describes my issue with m4vs as well, which persists after flashing the kernel and updating to the latest kp49. I've described the "five dots" problem for freemangordon's original 720p stuff also.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by wumpwoast View Post
This describes my issue with m4vs as well, which persists after flashing the kernel and updating to the latest kp49. I've described the "five dots" problem for freemangordon's original 720p stuff also.
Your test video plays fine with latest KP. At least here.

Hmm. During my kp49 upgrade + bridgedriver.ko rollback + brick my phone + PR1.3 kernel flash + kp49 reinstall process, the files in /lib/dsp haven't changed from the ones copied via your Harmattan instructions.

Should I roll back these /lib/dsp files as well? If these are in the libbridge2 package, I need to activate the Nokia base repos don't I?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Don't do that, you won't be able to play hi-res videos. libbridge2 has nothing to do with dsp codecs (well, as a package I mean). And with latest KP the only things needed are Harmattan DSP codecs and libgstdsp.so, everything else is in place.

BTW why did you rollback bridgedriver, is there something unclear or wrong with my instructions?