I have a Sennheisers MM100, and when i conected to nokia n900 perfect!! and works fine...

but the quality is very bad ...
Greatly distorted audio.

to top it off, the battery lasts very little, my old phone lasted more using it more.

Help, i need to fix this quickly, why i have distorted, and bad audio?

Not sure if it helps, but I use original Nokia BH 503 stereo bluetooth headset, and my phone lasts a while (4 hours of music playback, and rest of the day standby ) but in some songs I can hear a slowdown on music like i used on my old tape walkman. And using the same headset with my nokia 5800 on the same songs with no problem. I already used SoundBoost from SavageD but it didnt solved the slow playback over bt headset

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
No such problems with my Plantronics backbeat headset

i don't know, why happens....

Sometimes the music stops for a while...

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by rocky333 View Post
I have a Sennheisers MM100, and when i conected to nokia n900 perfect!! and works fine...

but the quality is very bad ...
Greatly distorted audio.

to top it off, the battery lasts very little, my old phone lasted more using it more.

Help, i need to fix this quickly, why i have distorted, and bad audio?
Just out of curiosity, when you have these problems, are you connected to wireless? It is my understanding that wifi and bluetooth share the same antenna on the n900. I find that with my Motorola S9-HD headphones, the crackling, dropout and distortion are more pronounced when the wifi is connecting or is connected and you are using bandwidth.

HTH,
--vr

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VulcanRidr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
What is the supported Bluetooth profiles of your device? My MW600 supports A2DP, HFP and HSP. Sometime it'd not connect to N900 with A2DP profile, thus the output quality would be very horrible: cracking, jittering, etc. (and I almost blamed N900 for its bad audio quality first time it happened ).

all profiles bluetooth 2.1 A2DP and others... i payed 150$ for a ****ing awesome bluetooth headsets... i think is the phone...

The wifi and bluetooth uses the same chip? lol??

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by rocky333 View Post
all profiles bluetooth 2.1 A2DP and others... i payed 150$ for a ****ing awesome bluetooth headsets... i think is the phone...

The wifi and bluetooth uses the same chip? lol??
Dont be blinded by price because a lot of the times the cheapest works best as it is down to compatibilites.

The antenna locations VulcanRidr referred to are correct and here is a pic to prove it, you might be stopping the headset from working efficiently by the way your holding the N900.
Attached Images

My bluetooth headphones mess up when connecting/disconnecting wifi. once the connection is secured its usually fine after that. I knew about this problem with the chip before getting the N900 but at the time I didn't think I would own bluetooth headphones

The Following User Says Thank You to Fresh Prince of Nowhere For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere View Post
My bluetooth headphones mess up when connecting/disconnecting wifi. once the connection is secured its usually fine after that. I knew about this problem with the chip before getting the N900 but at the time I didn't think I would own bluetooth headphones
Yes your absolutely right, this is an rf problem.