http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/06/n...mazon-for-649/

i would take a stab at this for $450 or so. seems like nokia has at least a years worth of support left in symbian which is about 4-6 times as long as they supported the n900

wow, went from $649 to $599 in less than a day

no sales'd

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
seems like nokia has at least a years worth of support left in symbian which is about 4-6 times as long as they supported the n900
Oh irrational human bias and your effects on human memory. *Sigh*

Go look at the date the N900 shipped. Then look at the date PR1.3 came out. If it's greater than three months apart (which it should be by a decent amount), then the above statement is wrong.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
It's a gorgeous looking device.. i had a quick play with it earlier, the qwerty keyboard feels way more natural than the N900.. but, just like the N8, the software feels old.. it's smooth enough but nowhere near how quick android on the HTC Desire feels.. and especially not as quick as WP7 feels on the HTC 7 Pro. Symbian should have been "put to sleep" a few years ago. It offers nothing over the newer operating systems.

If all you ever had was an E71 or 72 then i'm sure you'd love the E7.. but anyone who has owned an N900 would be tired of it in a few hours.

It's a shame they didn't release a version with Maemo.. the hardware really deserves it

The Following User Says Thank You to Faustino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Well N8 is currently being sold for $389 so I assume this one will be around $400 in a month

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Faustino View Post
It's a gorgeous looking device.. i had a quick play with it earlier, the qwerty keyboard feels way more natural than the N900.. but, just like the N8, the software feels old.. it's smooth enough but nowhere near how quick android on the HTC Desire feels.. and especially not as quick as WP7 feels on the HTC 7 Pro. Symbian should have been "put to sleep" a few years ago. It offers nothing over the newer operating systems.

If all you ever had was an E71 or 72 then i'm sure you'd love the E7.. but anyone who has owned an N900 would be tired of it in a few hours.

It's a shame they didn't release a version with Maemo.. the hardware really deserves it
I completely agree with this statement, the E7 is not only old hat because of it's sure to die OS but also it's hardware, even the 256 RAM is now no good at all.

Ok the keyboard might be good but it needs to be detatched and attatched to a much better device, this E7 is well out of date even before it gets on the shelf.

NB Look at the spec it will make you run away from it altogether.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_e7-3545.php

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-04-07 at 03:12.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I completely agree with this statement, the E7 is not only old hat because of it's sure to die OS but also it's hardware, even the 256 RAM is now no good at all.

Ok the keyboard might be good but it needs to be detatched and attatched to a much better device, this E7 is well out of date even before it gets on the shelf.
I have N8, E7 and N900. (Have had all three since the day they came out)

E7 has a nice screen although lower resolution makes it not as attractive as it could be. Also, it has awesome build quality. But I prefer simpler slide mechanism of N900. (easier to slide) Low sounding 256MB RAM doesn't matter at all. It's actually plenty for Symbian. But it needs a faster CPU that's for sure. It's unbelievable that Nokia released their most recent high-end device with a worse "core" hardware than N900 released back in 2009!

If they just fitted a faster CPU, WVGA resolution AMOLED and a MicroSD slot with Maemo5 OS on it, it would have been a winner and everyone here would have sold their N900 for it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
I have N8, E7 and N900. (Have had all three since the day they came out)

If they just fitted a faster CPU, WVGA resolution AMOLED and a MicroSD slot with Maemo5 OS on it, it would have been a winner and everyone here would have sold their N900 for it.
HAHA you might have a valid point there

^^ I completely agree. The look of the phone is great

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
+1

And if only they provide the option to side/dualboot maemo onto their symbian devices, they'd infinitely increase their product's values.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:

Tags
do you care?, myfirsttag