Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
just got my workmobile nokia C7 today, I know this thread is about E7 but if I remember correct C7/N8/E7 all use same symbian UI.

And fact is s6mbian3 actually sucks! and now when the nokia is saying pr2 is moved to around juni I say this: symbian is dead!

I mean this is insane! I am so damn frustrated Nokia didn't realise long before that maemo/meego and Qt(Quick) is damn far better. NOT WP7 NOT symbian. only reason for symbian is batterypower (yes it has qt to but that has meego/maemo too) the rest is just well broken...

I maybe is wrong maybe the ui is better on e7 but too me the UI on C7 is just not logic just wierd. I WANT MAEMO on all nokiaphones NOW

I am glad its just my workphone. However I did buy it cause it has NFC and plan is to play with that a bit...

to me its obvious. Make an E7 based meegophone NOW it will success cause the hw/buildquality on both E7 and even C7 is far better thann many android crapphones.

An E7 with Meamo, 32gb, and an FM transmitter would be enough for me to upgrade.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
The biggest turd to swallow about current Symbian is the abysmal browser. It's by far the worst of all smartfone OSs.

Symbian/E7 does have some nice office related stuff I still miss on maemo, most prominently a pdf reader with text reflow and much more flexible zoom (I wish someone would implement that in evince). Also support for MsOffice is better (yea ... maemo has OO.o but that is another story).

Overall I would never trade my N900 for an S^3 fone.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
Also support for MsOffice is better (yea ... maemo has OO.o but that is another story).
Current FreOffice isn't too bad, at least for .doc and .docx. Spreadsheets don't work though, not sure about presentations ...

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
In my opinion, looks very nice and very well done. I only will increase screen resolution and install maemo :-)

Yesterday I installed last version of opera, and works very well.

Protect your confidential information by installing Wallet for N9 and N900.
Visit: http://www.nowhereman.eu

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
I'm sure this will be taken as flame bait or trolling by some... but I briefly had an N8, and hated it...

And I just received a shiny new E7 yesterday.... and... wait for it... hated it

I really did like the E7 keyboard, but the camera is absolutely awful, on a different planet compared to the n900.

My general experience with the E7 was that it was extremely laggy, just running 2 or 3 fairly passive apps at the same time... like editing the home screen panels, while also having the 'global' settings for the phone open, and checking email... in other words, not even running 'heavy' apps, like video editing, web browser, or anything interesting.

In any case, after giving the N8 and E7 a chance, I'm fairly convinced that no Symbian device will even come close to the Maemo experience on the n900, and that Symbian feels more like a sloppy beta-quality OS with a poorly conceived UI and overall user experience.

I have a feeling that nothing will really compare to the n900 for quite a while