Its HERE!!!!, just came, will update post once got it turned on etc

*edit* no dead pixels. mic works, no build probs. and no reboots yet, will update asap.

*edit2* still no random rebooting, is that a good sign?

Last edited by biggzy; 2010-01-05 at 11:02.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sheffield
Originally Posted by Robbo1 View Post
Yeah I have often seen things like this before, its most likely an error with the database that means the field for the new number has not been filled in properly, or at all. Its likely though that the Sim contract box-thing is sealed and they can't see the number or phone information, so don't fill it in.

Roll on tomorrow!
In reality it's because they don't have such information. The SIM is literally blank except for the sim number. I had the same when mine came.

soz bout quality, was taken with a nokia 8600 luna

Last edited by biggzy; 2010-01-05 at 11:57.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I ordered my handset just before Christmas and in fairness to MPD it arrived within three working days despite being told online it was in stock then receiving a note saying it was out of stock.

MPD reminds me an awful lot of EBuyer in the UK about 7 years ago. EBuyer got massive all of a sudden, then their phone lines shut off to public callers and they would only deal with people online. After much pressure they re-opened their phone lines, then it could take upwards of an hour for a call to be answered. Eventually they took on more staff and apologised to everyone after being criticised by many online groups and customers in public.

MPD's communications leave a lot to be desired, and in an honest email I have told them so. I really think the company can do brilliantly, which is why my email was honest and constructive criticism, not a rant. Shutting off their phone lines as they have done though, with a message to use online chat then pulling the link to this on their website is not the way to behave. When I found the online chat link via this site, I found no-one was there to respond to me.

At this point, I have had a total of three emails completely ignored both pre and post ordering my handset; one of them dates to the first week in December. Had I any major problems with the handset, with this state of communication, my next stop would probably be trading standards.

All's well that ends well though and with no problems, I can happily say I am enjoying my 900. The one major plus point for not going via the networks is a completely unbranded phone.

its 13.48 and still not 1 reboot
i just love this device, its wonderful.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
its 13.48 and still not 1 reboot
i just love this device, its wonderful.
Ahhhh you got one of the good batch!
Mine has been fine until about 30 mins ago - it had a little blip!
Was just using it and the screen went black, wouldnt unlock or anything. Power button did nothing. Whilst in mid panic, about 60 seconds later it just sprang back to life! - all seems well now! pheeeeeeeew!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sheffield
I also see the cheapest tariff is now £35. FINALLY I get rewarded for being an early adopter with a £25 tariff. ( never happened before I usually pay through the nose lol )

I saw someone on amazon uk selling a new one for £399...got sold quite quickly though! Amazon Marketplace has never given me any problems in the past so finger crossed. I'll post a link if another one pops up.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I have news on the email to MPD. They responded thanking me for my constructive feedback and will be passing my comments to their head office. I get the impression their online section is short staffed and the people working there are happy to have an email from a customer reflecting their despair.

Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
Haven't logged on for a couple of weeks.

Good to see this thread is still going

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2