Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
"The tablet will be out in Europe first, possibly with Italy as the first to nab it,"

Molto bene Vi far๒ sapere...

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Definitely a strong possibility on my 'to buy list'. Its definitely trouser pocketable for some people e.g me but not comfortably so.

I think it will go well with my BT Style-i handset. Will have the most massive phone or smallest phone depending on which way you look at it

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-09-02 at 11:40.

Also there is a tiny usb adaptor to connect peripherals to this device, so its not a huge problem.

For battery life you can use SetCPU to dynamically change the clockspeed. Ipad gets 9 hours at 3G and 10 hours on WIFI (I hear) so 7-8 on the tab should be fine.

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-09-02 at 12:40.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
This is a top purchase item for me (as if you didn't know ).

That it can do calls is brilliant as with my BT headset, this can be my mobile and IT in one (at a comfortable size). I can load it with debian (even VNC for needed GUI apps), meaning that it will replace my notebook when away from my desk (with my trusty $30 BT Keyboard, no less). The pen peripheral means that I can jot notes as I typically do on paper as well as draw diagrams. Android gives me access to a growing repository of free and paid apps and games, and promised future support.

I could go on, and on and on. Basically it's my N810 with a much faster speed, a much bigger screen, many, many more apps, more storage, 3G data and calling capability, and a proper digitizer.

This seems to be the first device that I genuinely don't have to compromise for.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
I'm not a fan of Android or the Touchwiz UI but the applications look very good. It could be a good contender if they get the pricing right.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
"The tablet will be out in Europe first, possibly with Italy as the first to nab it,"
According to Helsingin Sanomat the price will be 949€, at least in Finland

The Following User Says Thank You to bergie For This Useful Post:
The inclusion of 3G phone on this big a device seems a bit strange. But again somke people like it (like who else - Captain. :-)

Personally I would have preferred a Wifi only tablet which I could then tether to the N900 for data on the move.

But anyways - can someone confirm if this WILL require a SIM card to be put in to operate normally.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by bergie View Post
According to Helsingin Sanomat the price will be 949€, at least in Finland
Seems a bit expensive, hmmmm...

I cant confirm but I am almost certain you can use it as a WIFI only tablet.

949€ will be too much for me to buy straight away, it would have to be 600€ or less.

949 euros??!!!! How much is the ipad? Surely not that much? And surely they cannot expect this to do well if it is costs way more than the ipad and yet is smaller.

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy