Bounce Evolution - true 3D graphics
Doom - Enough said
Labyrinth - Accelerometer fun
OpenArena - Quake 3
Scid (chess) - Brain challenge
SNES - Mario
Solitaire - Time killer
Wormux - Worms

Note that this is just a small bunch of everything that's availible for Maemo.

Last edited by c0rt3x; 2010-01-08 at 17:06.

N900 needs more real games. Everyone already played Super Mairo World and Quake 20 times anyway. There's currenlty one game out for N900 and that's a 2 level demo (Bounce).
As for apps, the iPhone probably has a handful of useful apps in the 10000 available, the N900 beats it in that aspect.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
You forgot dam dam daaaa... The Ur-Quan Masters!!! One of my alltime favorites on PC and now in my pocket
I was ecstatic when I saw it and even more when I play it... That said I think playing games is probably what I use my "phones" the least for... mostly its eh well phoneing, texting, listening to music, surfing the net, reading cartoons, ebooks and watching movies... as a calendar and as of lateley listening to podcasts and playing The Ur-Quan Masters.

I really think we are getting more and more USEFUL apps for our devices. And Im sure that in time we will have quite alot. What some people fail to understand is that the n900 does quite ALOT of things out of the box and thus needs fewer apps to function the way you want it :P

I also own a iPod Touch and I really think there are tons and tons of crap apps which I try out and then delete. I find I only use around 6 apps or so and 3 of those are games and the other 3 are game associated namely wow characters and armory and warcraft chest... Im sure that number would be higher if it was an iPhone instead of a iPod. so I would really like to hear more about non-game apps listed by iPhone enthusiasts when they talk about better apps...

So for now I would like fewer iPhone-quality apps and just focus on the awailable (and soon to be awailable) QUALITY apps for the n900.

hey ppl i have nothing against the n900 ... i own an n900 its just that there is no app out there that compares with any app in iphone... is it because n900 can't or the devs are new to the platform? and where can i find angry birds?

Last edited by aldevil; 2010-01-08 at 18:08.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Originally Posted by aldevil View Post
hey ppl i have nothing against the n900 ... i own an n900 its just that there is no app out there that compares with any app in iphone... is it because n900 can't or the devs are new to the platform?
The latter I think, as the n900 and the 3gs are very similar in hardware

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mysticrokks View Post
what you do with it after its jailbroken could be illegal- but if you own something you can do what you want to it.
Except you don't own it. From the iPhone EULA:

Apple and/or Apple's licensor(s) retain ownership of the iPhone Software itself.

you may not copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the iPhone Software, iPhone Software Updates, or any part thereof.

Any attempt to do so is a violation of the rights of Apple and its licensors of the iPhone Software and iPhone Software Updates. If you breach this restriction, you may be subject to prosecution and damages

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
hey ppl i have nothing against the n900 ... i own an n900 its just that there is no app out there that compares with any app in iphone... is it because n900 can't or the devs are new to the platform? and where can i find angry birds?
The N900 can (look at the demo: Bounce Evolution for example). The hardware in the iPhone 3GS and N900 are similar (minor differences) Angry Birds is by the same developer (same as Angry Birds on the iPhone). But you currently can't get to it yet, as it's in the Ovi store and the Ovi store isn't accessible by the N900 yet.

You could say the developers out new to the platform, but even after that it's a combination of personal preference (QT vs GTK) and whether they want to spend their developmental time making things functional vs. making things pretty. And I think most developers would rather spend more time on implementing more functionality (or fixing bugs) rather than making a nice GUI.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
You say "can't compare" and do not qualify that statement by compare in what way. What are the terms of judgment? You also say "apps" but do not qualify what set of apps or more generically what source, built in software (not much, Nokia and partners provided), extras (higher quanitity), extras-testing (a lot higher quantity), extras-devel (dangerous and really high quanitity?

Some apps are cheap ports, some apps are retro and some apps (in my opinion) are shining examples of quality. I pointed some out in a previous post

we shall bring light to this thread .... when the n900 is atleast 6 months old

The Following User Says Thank You to aldevil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Brunorange View Post
You forgot dam dam daaaa... The Ur-Quan Masters!!! One of my alltime favorites on PC and now in my pocket
I was ecstatic when I saw it and even more when I play it... That said I think playing games is probably what I use my "phones" the least for... mostly its eh well phoneing, texting, listening to music, surfing the net, reading cartoons, ebooks and watching movies... as a calendar and as of lateley listening to podcasts and playing The Ur-Quan Masters.

I really think we are getting more and more USEFUL apps for our devices. And Im sure that in time we will have quite alot. What some people fail to understand is that the n900 does quite ALOT of things out of the box and thus needs fewer apps to function the way you want it :P

I also own a iPod Touch and I really think there are tons and tons of crap apps which I try out and then delete. I find I only use around 6 apps or so and 3 of those are games and the other 3 are game associated namely wow characters and armory and warcraft chest... Im sure that number would be higher if it was an iPhone instead of a iPod. so I would really like to hear more about non-game apps listed by iPhone enthusiasts when they talk about better apps...

So for now I would like fewer iPhone-quality apps and just focus on the awailable (and soon to be awailable) QUALITY apps for the n900.
Yes, I have But you probably noticed I exaggerated a bit
It's really WAY too early to say the N900 ''doesn't have any apps/games'' It's the first phone with its own platform. Time will tell what happens. I'm pretty sure we won't be getting any fart apps or that kind of crap, but I'm sure we'll all be using professional text editor/navigator/whatnot between now and 6 months. The most I expect from gaming on the N900 is a handful of iPhone ports and then a quiet death *cough*NGage*cough*

The Following User Says Thank You to Arif For This Useful Post:

Tags
app quality, application, application quality, applications, fremantle, iphone quality, maemo, maemo 5, quality