Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Hi,

I just wanted to visit using my N9 which claims to require Flash 10.2. So I thought: on N900 it was possible to tweak the version, why shouldn't it be possible on the N9.

It worked. Instructions are as follows:
  1. visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html with Firefox, note your displayed version
  2. retrieve libflashplayer.so from /opt/adobe-flashplayer on your phone
  3. make a backup in case something goes wrong
  4. open it with a hexeditor (for example okteta) and seek the string the website displayed. Replace dots with commatas. For example I had to seek for "10,1,105,6" . Edit the string to fit your needs, for example to the latest version of flashplayer. Be carefull to remain within the bounds of the string. So changing 10,1,105,6 to 12,9,190,6 is ok, while 101,1,105,6 would be bad because the first group now occupies a space more.
  5. copy the modified lib to your phone and replace the original one
  6. Done

I uploaded a version modified to version 12.something here:
*expired*

Maybe somebody can make the more easily acessible, for example by including it in N9 QTweak or by creating a package for openrepos.

Note: The real version still stays 10.1. But although many flash applications claim to require higher versions they dont. This hack allowed me access to multiple streaming services which complained about Flash Player version before.

Last edited by Macros; 2015-01-06 at 13:40.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:

Tags
flash player, hex-editor, tweak, tweak flash