Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
Downloaded FreOffice
Created new document
Typed "This is a test"
Result onscreen: "Thisisatest"
Space bar does not produce a space
Yes just like this

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
One thing I do not understand is why so much added options not fundamental. I'm not saying that is bad, quite the contrary. The problem I see is that things have not entered in my opinion, more necessary.

Examples:
- Insert images.
- Insert / edit tables.
- Generate PDF.
- Improve use to work with functions.

I think we need a good office tool native to no competition in my career.

Is there anyway to fix the conflicting package with Docs to go?
I had to uninstall this because it conflicts during Docs to go installation..

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Hi just got caught up with another problem: After the update to PR1.3 now FreOffice doesn't start at all. When I click the icon in the menu the the starting window starts and then exits. From the x-term when given $FreOffice prints the following:

Accelerator starts
Segmentation fault

Anyone can answer when this would available in extras? (approximate date or something).

Grettings.

We are working on making a new release of FreOffice with fixes for many identified bugs here. We are aiming to get to next release suitable for Pr1.3 with fixes and also updating the backend(koffice) to the latest which has many more fixes. Our next release will be before mid of November. We will release asap (we have some delays due to Holiday season in India:-) Diwali if you know what I am talking about).. Watch this space in less than 2 weeks time.. Appreciate your patience and support towards us

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to chande For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chande View Post
We are working on making a new release of FreOffice with fixes for many identified bugs here. We are aiming to get to next release suitable for Pr1.3 with fixes and also updating the backend(koffice) to the latest which has many more fixes. Our next release will be before mid of November. We will release asap (we have some delays due to Holiday season in India:-) Diwali if you know what I am talking about).. Watch this space in less than 2 weeks time.. Appreciate your patience and support towards us
Thanks for the answer, i know many end user are waiting for this to be on extras.

Grettings and good holiday season.

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California
I don't know if it has been mentioned already but I found a bug as well. trying to open a word document (Open office, .doc/docx file types) with tables and images inside the file causes FreOffice to crash and close. This was with PR1.2.

it's not in extras-devel..i just checked

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
I can't wait for the new update I really need it for my phone !!! THANKS chande for the update