Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
I have a couple of shell scripts run by alarmd. The scripts are located in /home/user/MyDocs/Scripts, which apparently is inaccessible to the N900 when the phone is connected to another computer in Mass Storage mode. Thus, if my N900 is connected in Mass Storage mode to another computer at a time when alarmd tries to call the scripts, nothing happens.

What would be a location for the shell scripts where they'd be accessible to the N900 whether in Mass Storage mode or not?

I wish I could have them as installed applications, but the several! times I tried setting up for developing for the N900 were utter time-burning disasters.

The Following User Says Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Move your shell scripts to /home/user/{something}. Though, it would be difficult to see them from default file manager.
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
/home/user/{something} not MyDocs
all MyDocs content are axported in Mass Storage mode. Thats all. All other folders still here

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
using qtSdk from Nokia with madde, or just coding python and sftp'ing it to the device are two quick and easy ways to start making apps for the N900.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post: