Originally Posted by Skry View Post
I'm busy and currently have very little time to put into this, if at all.

Get people involved, I can't handle this currently by myself.
Just some quick thoughts: How can we help? Say we could recompile and package some things like Xserver 1.13... or even less useful packages. How can we get them into a repo? I saw you'd started this git page, but I didn't see many files there.

I'm just running your rootfs from the original on my spare n900 with a broken usb port, trying to test it out. Currently the X crashes/freezes are my biggest problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to radiochickenwax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 754 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by radiochickenwax View Post
Just some quick thoughts: How can we help? Say we could recompile and package some things like Xserver 1.13... or even less useful packages. How can we get them into a repo? I saw you'd started this git page, but I didn't see many files there.
You can:
a) make a PKGBUILD and send it to me.
b) once I've setup the github page properly and placed more content in there, do a pull request.
c) request membership to our github organization, if you feel like maintaining something.
d) send me prebuilt packages with an explanation, what and why.

Originally Posted by radiochickenwax View Post
I'm just running your rootfs from the original on my spare n900 with a broken usb port, trying to test it out. Currently the X crashes/freezes are my biggest problem.
I'll try to fix this asap, I need to try out new TI Graphics SDK first, if the driver in there is OK I'll be offering you Xorg 1.12 (driver is compiled for that one). If not, you'll get the 1.13 with the current half working driver.

This might not be the solution most would want, but if TI driver works fine enough I'll go with it. I don't have the skills to fix the current Nokia derived one and no one capable is interested, and at least TI updates theirs four times in a year, already supporting kernels up to 3.8. I'm also pretty f*ing tired dealing with this issue, constantly.

Last edited by Skry; 2013-04-15 at 14:42.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
I need to try out new TI Graphics SDK first, if the driver in there is OK I'll be offering you Xorg 1.12 ... This might not be the solution most would want...
Thanks again! That sounds awesome, any solution is better than nothing. At a glance, the newest stuff doesn't seem to support the 34xx OMAPs. Hopefully I'm wrong about this, since the sgx GPUs are the same?

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index...._Started_Guide

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index....and_user_guide

You can: a) b) c) d)
Okay, I'll try. I'm also short on skills, time, etc but I'd really like this project to work. I can donate some time to build and test -run packages, but not much more at the moment unfortunately. Wish I (or somebody else) could do more to help balance your work load.

I've been trying to test out Android, Debian, and Ubuntu for various reasons too. I'm not sure what would need to be done in order to boot their kernels with Arch yet, or if that would solve anything. Hopefully sometime this week I can try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to radiochickenwax For This Useful Post:
Just a quick update, SGX up and running with TI drm driver.

Code:
(II) pvr(0): [DRI2] Setup complete
(II) pvr(0): [DRI2]   DRI driver: pvr
(II) EXA(0): Driver allocated offscreen pixmaps
(II) EXA(0): Driver registered support for the following operations:
(II)         Solid
(II)         Copy
(II)         Composite (RENDER acceleration)
(II)         UploadToScreen
(==) pvr(0): Backing store disabled
(==) pvr(0): Silken mouse enabled
(==) pvr(0): DPMS enabled
(==) pvr(0): Direct rendering enabled
and the obligatory:

Code:
[skry@n900 ~]$ export COGL_DRIVER=gles2
[skry@n900 ~]$ DISPLAY=:0 /usr/share/cogl/examples/cogl-gles2-gears
vertex shader info: Success.
fragment shader info: Success.
info: 
1183 frames in 5.0 seconds = 236.557 FPS
1186 frames in 5.0 seconds = 237.076 FPS
1186 frames in 5.0 seconds = 237.009 FPS
Got a few crashes with chromium when pages got complex enough. Otherwise, based on a very quick testing: looks promising.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
Possible fix for Xorg 1.14 has just been applied to Arch Linux ARM packaging. Now, let's wait it to hit the repos to see if we have a fix. Meanwhile, I'll continue playing around with the TI stuff.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
re: libhybis
my understanding was it let you use android drivers which usually require bionic to run on glibc systems instead. the demo has it running on mer.

as you have it working now it doesn't matter anyway.

Tested last update with
Code:
while true; do dmesg; done
in LXTerminal. With previous version it crashed X within 5 seconds. Now it works like a charm!

Actually, just in case I gave it more vram, but I think it would work without it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to goodgod261 For This Useful Post:
I just briefly tested too, works fine with xf86-video-fbdev.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
there also comes a weston upgrade with fbdev support :-)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caveman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ rochester
Hello all. I am currently trying to compile kali linux to the n900. unfortunately their is no documentation on this matter. I am looking for pointers, advice, and would take a facepalm at this point. I would like to use the Arch install template here only applying the kali armel/hf. Any help or direction on the matter would be great!