Posts: 64 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Zealand
Help please!
Long time user of the site "first real problem!" Need help or my work will buy me an Iphone, don't let me be subjected to that.

My phone has been stuck in reboot loop unsure how it happened just plugged in to charger switched off then on and didn't stop. Hard to explain, here we go. The power button is not pressed yet when I put the bat in or plug to a charger it boots up white screen nokia logo goes through blinking lights stalls shuts down orange charge lights blink 4-5 times then starts over again. Only way to stop this is pull the bat out.

I have searched all info before coming to you and asking for help. I have flashed re-flashed and flashed some more, Nothing works!

I can get it to boot past logo and blinking lights see the desktop and all is running as normal while in R&D mode but when I plug in to charger I get "Not Charging" yellow banner I can access the 32gb hd but does not charge on any charger. Also my bat drains extremely fast from full might be all the restarts and flashing or I think its not reading bat levels as im talking 10mins and the bat low level banner pops up?

When I take it out of R&D mode it will not boot.

I have tried to flash using Ubuntu live cd through running off usb stick but get the same result.

Im not sure but it seems there is still software that does not get flashed and this might be corrupt?
my problem seems to be somewhere in the battery and connection area because even with a full battery the phone might register it as full and then as empty in the next boot.

I have downloaded new Fiasco and Emmc bin file to make sure they are not corrupt.

What I have tried.
1. Using Win7 64bit Charged battery using friends Nokia, Flashed Fiasco and emmc. Did not work

2. Using Win7 64bit Pulled bat out connected usb loaded flasher inserted bat when trying to find connection. Flashed again but did not work.

3. Using livecd Ubuntu 10.10 on mem stick flashed Fiasco and Emmc no change.

Any other options, is there something that still gets left behind when flashing these two things that I might be able to reload?
my thoughts are if it was hardware I wouldn't be able to boot it at all at the moment I can only do this in R&D mode. I'm at a loss now and really hope this is not the end of my N900.

Last edited by GEONXT; 2011-03-30 at 09:19.

Sounds like a problem with the watchdog timer.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Sounds like a problem with the watchdog timer.
Sounds like a start, can anyone elaborate on this?

I just have this problem after installing U-boot..... keep rebooting and never go to any kernels to start..... i did try to reflash.... still not working.... Anyone pls help... how to get back on running as usual???

Having this exact same problem - haven't found solution yet...

Following these instructions, flashing MMC and rootfs solved my problems.

Fresh and new n900, after boot loop after uninstalling u-boot1.3

I'm having the same symptoms as dr1ft, after installing Nitdroid N12. I've flashed the phone many times, now it will not work. Tried just about every combination of holding U and putting in battery, connecting USB to no avail. The USB symbol actually does appear on the top right too but is useless. Battery was at 70% right before it started doing this.

With the battery in, even if the USB is inserted in just the phone and not a computer/wall charger it keeps showing the Nokia logo with no backlight and rebooting/vibrating.

Seems it's... gone...

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
mine went into a reboot loop and would not connect to pc, i finally took the battery out and left it for about 20 mins then i followed the instructions earlier and then it started flashing. seems the waiting did something? hope this helps.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Venezuela
Originally Posted by GEONXT View Post
Help please!
Long time user of the site "first real problem!" Need help or my work will buy me an Iphone, don't let me be subjected to that.

My phone has been stuck in reboot loop unsure how it happened just plugged in to charger switched off then on and didn't stop. Hard to explain, here we go. The power button is not pressed yet when I put the bat in or plug to a charger it boots up white screen nokia logo goes through blinking lights stalls shuts down orange charge lights blink 4-5 times then starts over again. Only way to stop this is pull the bat out.

I have searched all info before coming to you and asking for help. I have flashed re-flashed and flashed some more, Nothing works!

I can get it to boot past logo and blinking lights see the desktop and all is running as normal while in R&D mode but when I plug in to charger I get "Not Charging" yellow banner I can access the 32gb hd but does not charge on any charger. Also my bat drains extremely fast from full might be all the restarts and flashing or I think its not reading bat levels as im talking 10mins and the bat low level banner pops up?

When I take it out of R&D mode it will not boot.

I have tried to flash using Ubuntu live cd through running off usb stick but get the same result.

Im not sure but it seems there is still software that does not get flashed and this might be corrupt?
my problem seems to be somewhere in the battery and connection area because even with a full battery the phone might register it as full and then as empty in the next boot.

I have downloaded new Fiasco and Emmc bin file to make sure they are not corrupt.

What I have tried.
1. Using Win7 64bit Charged battery using friends Nokia, Flashed Fiasco and emmc. Did not work

2. Using Win7 64bit Pulled bat out connected usb loaded flasher inserted bat when trying to find connection. Flashed again but did not work.

3. Using livecd Ubuntu 10.10 on mem stick flashed Fiasco and Emmc no change.

Any other options, is there something that still gets left behind when flashing these two things that I might be able to reload?
my thoughts are if it was hardware I wouldn't be able to boot it at all at the moment I can only do this in R&D mode. I'm at a loss now and really hope this is not the end of my N900.
Hello everyone, I have the exact same problem here,, I have flashed both, eMMC and FIASCO images in Windows and Ubuntu succesfully, but when I turn the device on it just hangs at nokia splash screen.. However it boots perfectly in R&D mode. Could you solve the problem???

Last edited by jvollmann; 2011-07-08 at 14:53.

I dont know how to solve the actual reboot loop but what I have done to get my phone to be picked up by the flasher is this:
1.Boot Linux (Gentoo in my case)
2.Start flasher tool, it will say "cant find USB device"
3.Remove battery from phone, ensure phone is 100% powered down
4.Connect USB cable to phone
5.Insert battery

When I did those steps, it booted and the flasher found it no problems.